really small subwoofers!

Participant count
  • Participant list

sexiewasd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Maine
So I just made a 25hz tapped horn subwoofer with two Audiopulse (TC Sounds) Revo 10's that I've had forever now. This was for my home, but as it turns out that is way way way too much even at under 200w a piece, I just can't have it inside or I will invite an angry pitchfork wielding horde to my door, and my girlfriend will dump me.

I need something much smaller, but I want to play with making another tapped horn, or maybe a tapped TL. The revo's do well in a horn for several reasons and I need to find those qualities in much smaller drivers, but I'm having a hard time doing that.

Things I need and or want in order of importance:

(needs)

#1 : small

#2 : very stiff cone (titanium, aluminum, carbon/kevlar)

#3 : very stiff suspension (think IB stiff)

#4 : fs no higher than 45hz lower is much better (but physics and stuff)

#5 : more power is better!!! (200w-ish)

(wants)

#1 : not super expensive

#2 : attractive butt (shiny is a plus)

I know this isn't for car audio, but home/pro audio just don't make drivers like this, the best you can find are tang band drivers at 50w rms. I've been out of the game for a while now and I don't know what there is available. The last time that I went looking for drivers Fi was the new hot thing, and also TC Sounds was a thing, that you could actually buy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

any ideas? There must be some decent high power door drivers with super stiff cones.

Actually i designed it for one, but after testing it and finding that it would get me in trouble I decided why not go all the way and see how loud i could get it. I looked at the ssa's that was the best that i could find before asking here, they have a very nice price too.

If your gf will dump you because some subwoofer bass let her go... U can always turn the gain down so it's not as loud. No need to get new woofer and build a new box.

I wasn't serious about her dumping me, she's actually an audio engineer, although the W.A.F. On this build is rather low.

DB639AE1-EB69-4E7B-817A-6E443F2DCC40_zpscgwcfnvi.png

5C5BF61E-E9A0-4E31-A34C-C59F2B76585C_zps1rwsnptt.jpg

1BE68EAC-5270-4D7C-8334-ABCF92695C40_zpsfi7vjx3r.jpg

not turning it up is a real problem, I am an addict.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.