Multiple SQ Mids - ID prototype 8s, Genesis 6x9s, Peerless HDS 6.5s

Participant count
  • Participants list

LaserRed38
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Bay Area, CA
Item(s) for Sale/Description/Price:

1.) A pair (2) of prototype Image Dynamics 8" mids, one of 5 sets ever made (from what I was told). They were produced with ID 8 baskets and motors, with prototype soft parts more suitable for mid bass rather than sub bass. I was told they would pair well with the ID horns. I have no other info on them, and one of the magnets is missing the ID sticker, but that's how I bought them, with intent to pair them with a set of horns (that I never found). I paid $200 shipped, asking $200 shipped.

2.) A pair (2) of Genesis Audio Profile 69s, 6x9 subwoofer but can also be used as a mid bass. Asking $200 shipped. Here are the specs:

# Nominal Size: 6x9" -2 piece.

# Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-125 Watts RMS

# Sensitivity: 89dB/1 watt/1 meter

# Frequency Response: 35Hz-500KHz +/- 3dB

# Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms

# Mounting Depth: 85mm

3.) Peerless HDS 6.5s (closer to a 7" with the outer diameter). I bought them from parts-express on a buyout, as they were labeled something else (don't remember the brand) and were a little cheaper than the Peerless label. One of them has some indentations on the cone, caused by something resting on it while in storage. Asking $60 shipped for the pair.

They are essentially these with a round mounting lip: Peerless by Tymphany 830874 6-1/2" PPB Cone HDS Woofer

# Nominal Diameter 6-1/2"Power Handling (RMS) 50 Watts

# Power Handling (max) 100 Watts Impedance 8 ohms

# Frequency Response 50 to 4,000 Hz Sensitivity 88.5 dB 1W/1m

# Voice Coil Diameter 1.25"

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

All included, as listed above in the price.

Item Pictures:

Interested in the 69's but cant find any info on them other then what u provided. Not saying ur not telling the truth but I like to verify everything.. Especially with that high of an asking price and almost zero chance of finding a second set.

Interested in the 69's but cant find any info on them other then what u provided. Not saying ur not telling the truth but I like to verify everything.. Especially with that high of an asking price and almost zero chance of finding a second set.
I'll see if I can find more info. I used to have the original boxes too, but can't find them. I think my wife threw them out. I used to work at Sound Innovations though, and purchased these from there. We used to install them as midbass drivers in the Bentley Continental GTs!

Where did you have those genesis 69s mounted? In the Escape?
I had actually installed them as subs in the standard 6x9 openings of a 2001 Honda Accord. It was my buddy's car...he wanted a very mild SQ system with not a lot of bass. They sounded really good like this, off the 5 and 6 channels of an Audison LRx6.9...then he upgraded to my 12" Hertz sub later on (also for sale).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.