Rubicon Fried

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Here we have a soundstream rubicon 1600 that I bought a month ago. Just hooked it up 2 weeks ago. Went on vacation bumped almost the whole way there, hit a pot hole, heard a pop, sub cut out. Fuse in the power wire popped. I replaced the fuse, turned the radio on, and instantly, smoke was coming outta the amp. It had been off for like 36 hours or more before I turned it on.

My banda 7k survived many bad potholes and it wasnt even mounted down, it was flopping everywhere in the back next to the sub port and all the vibrations.

Not sure how this TFE fares against potholes yet... *fingers crossed*

I'm confused.

Just showing off or is there a question...?

My guess is poor connection someplace and amp may not have been solidly secured to something strong.

I'm confused.
Just showing off or is there a question...?

My guess is poor connection someplace and amp may not have been solidly secured to something strong.
Not really a question just sharing my experience. maybe a bad connection but idk my Skar is working just fine in there. Amp was just screwed down to the trunk floor, so maybe this is the cause. Hadn't got around to making something to hold them yet, just got everything back installed after the old system was stolen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bmk6795

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
bmk6795
Spartanburg, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date