I'll never use Knukonceptz again!!

Schnitzel
10+ year member

Sad that a company would screw over a customer over a $20 rca cable, but thats exactly what Knukonceptz did to me. I spent just around $300 ordering all my wiring for my f250 stereo build. Power wire, speaker wire, RCAs etc.

After about 4 months, I noticed occasionally my driver side front speaker would cut in and out. It's my daily driver, so it really started bothering me, but I didn't have time to have my installer come out and look at it. After a few more months my installer met up with me and figured out it was a bad Rca cable that was causing my problem. I thought, "no biggie, I'll call Knukonceptz and they will send me out a new cable". I call them up, and of course they want me to send my cable in first. I explained to the guy that this was my daily driver and I'm not going to go weeks with out front speakers. He told me he would talk to his boss and get back to me. After a week or two of going back and forth, they basically told me too bad. And now of course, it had been 12 months and a couple days, so my wiring was "technically" out of warranty. Even after explaining to him that it had been happening for months. I explained to him that I would have no problem shipping my RCAs back, but if they could first send me a replacement. That way I could have my installer come out and swap the cables all at once. Again Knukonceptz told me tough sh*t.

I just can't believe that they would treat a customer like this. I know their cables are top notch, the quality is great. But occasionally your gunna get a bad wire, and you would think they would send out a replacement with no questions asked. Knukonceptz lost a customer for life.

Just beware if your buying cables from these guys, don't expect them to take care of you once they got your money.

I got all the emails back and forth, I can screen shot them and post them..but I didn't think that was necessary.

Never had any problems with cables or rca's from Knu, but that really makes me not want to purchase from Knu again. You have to take care of your customers after the fact, not inconvenience them for weeks at a time, especially when your product is defective.

lol. so is that how you feel about your amp, and subs too? 4 months and then problems happen, you just **** it up and by another amp/sub? Your pockets must be deeeeppp. There is a reason these cables/rcas have a 1 year warranty. Word of mouth is everything to a business, I dont understand what the big deal is about sending a new set of rca's but to each there own.

Hi Nick,

I reviewed the emails from our customer service rep, as you explained you had an issue with your RCA cable after you had used it for four months and that the issue arose after the 12 month warranty of the cable had passed. Our rep offered you a return authorization, no questions asked. Yes, you have to return the cable first for the exchange, just like you would with any other manufacture. You stated "So you want me to ship you my RCAs first? Then how do I listen to my stereo? This is my daily driver, i use the stereo everyday." In this case, you are welcome to purchase a new cable in advance, which we would refund you for after the return of the defect. This way you can arrange a set time with your installer to do the swap at your convenience.

At no time did our rep tell you tough ****. He tried to explain the situation on how returns are processed. We are unable to send open ended return tags, not knowing if and when the item will be returned. Our rep stated "You are welcome to send in your defective cable for warranty replacement at your earliest convenience". This is why we are unable to offer an infinite time line for a return tag on a defective item but always replace an item if an issue arises even if the item is close to out of our original warranty, which your item technically was. All this transpired back in April 2016. If you have an issue, report it immediately so we can assist you, not 8 months later. If we ship out a cable to you, would it take 8 months to get it back? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The RMA is still open, if you wish to return the cable for a replacement, you can.

lol. so is that how you feel about your amp, and subs too? 4 months and then problems happen, you just **** it up and by another amp/sub? Your pockets must be deeeeppp. There is a reason these cables/rcas have a 1 year warranty. Word of mouth is everything to a business, I dont understand what the big deal is about sending a new set of rca's but to each there own.
It ***** but from a business stand point they can't just send out a new product without first receiving the old. Sounds like they were willing to work with him but he had a pressing schedule so it didn't work out. What company could you order a new sub or amp from right now and say, "It doesn't work send me a new one. Once I get the new one I'll send the other back I promise!"

I'd by a new cable and use that for the time being, maybe request if they find the other cable defective to just refund you the cost of one cable to avoid wasting time reinstalling something multiple times. You're only going to be out 20 or 30 bucks while you wait doesn't seem like a big deal. I've had to go without an amp for a while before I could get a replacement, sure it wasn't nice having no music but I dealt with it and just used my phone or another amp I had

I used their 4awg kit recently and except for the ring terminals not crimping so easy it was a great kit. I couodnt find the fuse it came with but I chocked that up to me drinking too much Budweiser. 25 bucks for 4 awg CCA that works great was a steal. Knu is a good product as far as I'm concerned.

bashing a company and trying to make them look bad over a $20 cable is hogshit. OP **** it up and spend the $20 and get a new cable from them and get refunded when they receive the bad cable. piddle **** to complain about here.

Im not saying any names but Ive recieved defective products (amp, cell phone, jordans) before, called in and a new product was sent out before I sent anything, or any rma was sent. I guess this is why I dont see a big deal. Im in no way bashing Knu, I actually have Knu in my car right now, I just would think twice about ordering something else from them. The car audio community is not huge, and some companys or business' have a real relationship with people, and can and will break/bend the rules for a loyal customer. I have done it for customers, have seen it done for others, and its been done for me.

Now according to Knu, the problem arose AFTER the warranty period. Thats a different story. I've never tried to get an out of warrantied product replaced, so this Im unsure of.

[quote name='wew lad']Massivespl is that you? (OP)[/QUOTE]

I thought @Loud4Life; was Nate. Tht just proved it :laugh:

Yeah, buying another $20 cable and then sending your old one in wouldn't be a big deal. Shipping your old one in would be like $10 though, so I don't see returning it with a net gain of $10 to be worth it.

Subs/amps are a different story. Obviously it would be worth the return shipping cost on a 7k amp. That's apples to oranges compared to RCA cables.....

Buying a new set of cables and getting a refund after sending in your old ones seems like a perfectly reasonable option to me.

3MTRQ9w.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Schnitzel

10+ year member
Schnitzel
Corona CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies