2004 GMC Savana Conversion Van Replacement DVD

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
Trying to help out my dad that has a 2004 gmc savana conversion van by replacing the dvd player with a newer one and was looking at the wiring. Has a green cord, an orange cord, and a black ground. I figured out that the green is power, and the black is ground, but still confused on the orange wire. The new units only have a power and a ground on the factory harness that comes with it. Any ideas? Can't find a factory replacement, so have to go aftermarket.

Did you cut the factory plug off? If not just get a wiring harness adapter plugs into the factory plug and gives you color codes wires that will match up to the aftermarket harness.

If its like my Yukon you will also need to run an accessory wire from the small fuse block in the drivers foot well near the ebrake handle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.