Just got 2 jl 10w1v2 4 ohm Subwoofers for free need help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just got these subs from a buddy of mine for free to put in my truck. I was wondering what would be a good box for these subs. I drive a 96 single cab ford so I'm going to need a truck style box. Just wondering if anyone can lead me in the right direction to the correct plans or if there are prefab boxes that work well with these. Thanks.

Whats the depth of the subs? Will they fit behind your seat? Youll have to go sealed thats forsure and since its a singlecab, prefab options are limited. Youll see the same dual 10" sub box everywhere.

For sealed they need around 0.7 each.

They're less than 5" deep so it shouldn't be that hard to find a box that will work. Figure out some dimensions you have to work with. Try not to go much below 0.7 cf. If you can fit something that's closer to 1.0 that could only help.

To port them you'd need 1+cf net per sub so probably close to 3cf total. I doubt you'd be able to come up with that kind of space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.