BoogerMan

BoogerMan's 12k Crossfire build in a 1998 Toyota T100 SR5

Since the car is all done I'm going to get started on the truck.

My goal is to be musical in the low 150s with a 4th order blow through and would like to hit between 153-155 on the meter.

I am going to shoot to have this done by SOC in December.

I'll be joining team Crossfire.

Here is what I know that is going in for sure so far:

6 12" XS-V3 subs

3 XS-4K wire to 0.5ohm

1 C5 800.4 for mids

1 C5 400.4 for highs

2 Ohio Gen 350A hairpins

Lots of EB Flex 2/0

8 g31 batteries

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

100sq ft of Mega Mat

1,000 lb helper springs (may need more)

Blue LEDs

Still trying to figure out if I want to run 8" or 10" crossfire mids. I need to see what I'll be able to fit on my doors and if I want to keep everything up front or put some in the rear.

Here is the truck and what is currently installed. Ignore the nasty doors (they were supposed to get wrapped but never did) and the nasty amp rack (it used to look nice when the bigger gray Rockford amps were installed haha). I metered 145 on music and clamped 550 watts at 4 ohms lol. I think back in high school when I metered a tone it did around a 147. Not bad for 550 watts haha.

This is going to be slow but stay tuned!

5966a2462c15bbbab925f5423131bf37.jpg

f24e900e9336174a0c96ffd41fcb6143.jpg

5308d3d8e871b9d94d88654d4fbd023b.jpg

78b772db9b5933723aeb372cfeb27623.jpg

d59e43c9897873cf7bc4a46781b46e6f.jpg

13c0076b39d4281c0a7cfc501c3a97e0.jpg

1ec73f31e163629224d198b0bcadeb72.jpg

612683e8a94d767ac94831c28b55f5cd.jpg

ed479918b8b22197aae525fa7fca6941.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoogerMan's 2011 Toyota Camry SE

Lots of SoundQubed. 151.5db at 38hz usaci outlaw

Always interested in what you are building man - can't wait to see the outcome.

1999 4runner Limited

250 Custom Electric alt, 2 Northstar G31, 2/0 welding cable all around

AVH-2440NEX

2 Phoenix Gold Ti3x 12s

Phoenix Gold Elite.1

1 Stevens 8 per door, HLCD

Zapco ST204SQ, ST2SQ

With that equipment you should be shooting for 155+... Should be a nice build!!

c-pillar flat wall 158.6 on music

1 crossfire 8k @ .33ohm

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Thanks guys!

If I can get a 155 or above I'll be extremely happy as this is only my second build. I don't want to get my hopes up though haha.

Does anyone around here run lithiums?

Since my batteries are going to be in the cab I'm not worried about them getting excessively hot... That would sure save me a ton of weight compared to the agms

You think you are gonna add some fill in the rear? Why don't a lot of people here like rear fill? Do they feel it's a waste?

Thanks guys!

If I can get a 155 or above I'll be extremely happy as this is only my second build. I don't want to get my hopes up though haha.

Does anyone around here run lithiums?

Since my batteries are going to be in the cab I'm not worried about them getting excessively hot... That would sure save me a ton of weight compared to the agms

i run the jb lithium 20Ah the little one, along with a 320A hairpin singer alt and single die hard agm under the hood, amp is sq3500 at 1 ohm (.7), i like it but i seen the same alt with 3 xs d3100s hold 14v on twice my power and i dipped into the 11s. thats the thing lithiums make power at low voltage but amps don't like low voltage so if i had to do it again id get helper bags and normal big agms.

Yea what he said about lithiums^ they make power down to like 9volt. But I don't like my amps seeing below 12v... If it's daily demo car and not a burp machine alternator and AGM batts are the way to go IMO.

c-pillar flat wall 158.6 on music

1 crossfire 8k @ .33ohm

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Tuned in.Very nice.May look into some Crossfire equipment :cool:

Nice actually out of this world congrats . Looking at a used crossfire 2000 vRd without fan . Are these good to run at 2ohms everyday and are they regulated or unregulated. They do 2000rms at 12.5 v. If unregulated they should have more rms at 14.4

Mmmmm, I like the new sub choice!

My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html

Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
Fuck me running. Even I wouldnt eat stripper snatch.
I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.
When that hooker turns out to have a cock. That's bigger than yours.
If I had $2,000, I wouldn't be running kicker comps.

Okay thanks for the info about lithiums. I'll stick with AGMs

Since I'm not going to be driving the truck very often I guess I shouldn't worry about weight too much but I still need something like you guys are saying.

I can get some 1000 lb helper springs for $100. I figured around 650 lbs in battery weight, I think around 350 lbs in sub weight and then I'm guessing the box will be another 300 lbs give or take a little if I go with ultralight mdf and an acrylic top and back. So the helper springs can take care of the batts and sub weight and then the truck can maybe take care of the box weight?

[url=http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1347]1993-1998 Toyota T100 2wd & 4wd - 1000 lbs Helper Springs - EZ1000 (pair) [1250] | $98.95 | SD Truck Springs | Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts[/url]

Or will I need something that gives more support?

Thanks @adulbrich! I thought you might like them :D

I would think your truck could take that weight. With the bed empty, get a few friends and stand in the back of the truck to see how much it really takes to make it sag. I've got 2,000 pounds in the back, but airbags make it ride almost stock.

More than helper springs, I'd recommend an airbag kit for $200.

My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html

Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.

I would think your truck could take that weight. With the bed empty, get a few friends and stand in the back of the truck to see how much it really takes to make it sag. I've got 2,000 pounds in the back, but airbags make it ride almost stock.

More than helper springs, I'd recommend an airbag kit for $200.

Okay will do. Thanks man. I just got new shocks installed a few months ago so I figured that may help a little too.

If I have enough cash at the end I'll do the bags. If not I'll try the springs.

Back in high school I pulled a trailer that had a riding lawn mower and a push mower and a couple weed trimmers with my 4 12s installed and it did fine so I'm sure I'll be okay :D

What will be the box specs? 4th order right?

DAILY '12 Mustang AVH2700BS

RS28F/682.9CF/PWX 8....ppi900.4/gmd5602 3 way active

2 HDS208 TLINE @44hz...xtr2200.1

BEATER '99 Silverado xcab AVH3600BHS

X comps....c1c/PWX 8".....ppi600.2

2 XFL 1544 TLINE @30hz....FSD3800.1

DC 300 powerhouse....big 3 in both with 2/0 weld

Check out my past builds at Cscstang customs on fb or cscstang_customs ig.

I'll be back to building eventually....

Okay will do. Thanks man. I just got new shocks installed a few months ago so I figured that may help a little too.

If I have enough cash at the end I'll do the bags. If not I'll try the springs.

Back in high school I pulled a trailer that had a riding lawn mower and a push mower and a couple weed trimmers with my 4 12s installed and it did fine so I'm sure I'll be okay :D

Yeah, might not even need helper springs

I've got a set of add a leafs I'd sell you for 10 bucks from fab tech... They should work in your truck for the added wait

Double check your weight ratings for your truck. The rating should list three sets. One set of weight ratings for the cab loaded, another set for the bed loaded, and another for towing. My truck lists these weights on the drivers side door label. Another thing to consider is how old your leaf springs are and how strong they actually are in stock new form. If you will be going over the maximum listed weight ratings you should definitely think about beefing up your suspension.

My trucks stock leaf springs were sh**** for hauling and keeping a safe ride at highway speeds.

I have used shocks with stiffer compression, adjustable shocks, roadmaster active suspension and torklift helpers. For my truck what ended up working the best was some Monroe airshocks and a $40 leaf spring helper set from o'reillys.

Try to cut as a big a hole as possible (or what you're comfortable with) for your box.

Are you planning to use the whole bed (going over the wheel well humps?) or just keeping it down the middle?

@CSCStang, not sure about the box specs yet, but definitely a 4th order. Most likely a v style setup with 3 subs on each side. My bed dimensions are 49" between wheel wells, 17" tall, and 72" deep.

Thanks @els1989. I'll let you know once I get around to that part of the build.
@basshz awesome thank you! The sticker says GVWR 6,000 lbs and GAWR is FRT 2,900 lbs and RR is 3,400 lbs. No idea what is for what haha

I think what I'll do is meet up with the guy in my group who is the engine/mechanic guy. Hopefully he can tell me if my current leaf springs are okay or if they need to be replaced and if I should do helper bags, helper springs, airs shocks etc once we know exactly how much extra weight I'll be adding :D

The cutout is already 52" wide and 8" tall. I'm going to try to make that work so I don't have to cut it and reseal with a new boot but if whoever designs my box says cut out more height I will lol.

I'll be using just between the wheel wells since I don't think I'll need more space than that. That's about 34 cubes external so should be plenty for 6 12s in a 4th

Got the back seats, port, and 2 subs pulled out tonight. My small screw gun died and I can't get the other 2 subs out without it. I'll pull those out Thursday and then hopefully have the box out by the weekend

007784bd434b7e6324ef9494c52fc7fb.jpg

ee83e8753eecce26f98a79d26883f607.jpg

The sticker says GVWR 6,000 lbs and GAWR is FRT 2,900 lbs and RR is 3,400 lbs. No idea what is for what haha

The cutout is already 52" wide and 8" tall. I'm going to try to make that work so I don't have to cut it and reseal with a new boot but if whoever designs my box says cut out more height I will lol.

I'll be using just between the wheel wells since I don't think I'll need more space than that. That's about 34 cubes external so should be plenty for 6 12s in a 4th

GVWR is your gross vehicle weight rating. This is roughly the total weight of your vehicle unloaded. Whether it takes into account fuel or not is hard to say.

GAWR is gross axle weight rating. This is the rating of weight each axle can sustain. FRT is front and RR is rear. Again it's hard to say how much of the weight of your vehicle is distributed over the axles. You would need to do corner weighting to get an idea.

52" and 8" tall is a big cutout so you should be good. Heck at those dimensions I personally would be tempted to try a parallel tuned 6th order. That depends on if your subs would model good for it though.

Your bed is definitely way more accommodating than mine (72" length, 43" width :between wheel wells:, 16" high :with tonneau cover: ) but even at 34 cubes that number starts to shrink down quick with all displacements. Hopefully your box designer can maximize the space.

With your cutout dimension though a 4th order would be easiest. When I get home I can send a pic of one of my 4ths layout that might give you an idea or two.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now