best 12 inch sub for around $150 and 600 rms? Soundqubed, FI?

Alright guys I was pretty set on getting a soundqubed hds212 because I used to have one of the HDC3 15s, but i've been seeing some posts on here about how people don't like them. I haven't built a box yet so I can pretty much go however many cubic feet ill need and tune it to what i need it to. I think I would like it to be tuned to around 32 or 33 hz. I love low bass, and I saw where the HDS2 doesn't like the low bass. It will be powered by a memphis pr1.1000 amp, and in the trunk of a 98 mustang gt. So the sub will need to be dual 4 ohm so I can wire it down to 2 ohm since the amp puts out 600 rms at 2 ohms. Anyway should I just stick with the soundqubed and tune it a bit higher? Or should I get something like FI alpha? I'm open to any brands. I've also thought about like a type R or a rockford P3 but literally everybody has heard of them or has them so I want to be different haha. I would really like the sub to be 600 rms, but 500 rms would work fine. I listen to mainly rap, and considering i'm only wanting 600 rms I would like the sub to have better sound quality rather than it being loud, but don't get me wrong loud is great haha. I'm not looking to spend more than $150, but would go a bit higher if you all decide on a phenomenal sub. Thanks

i see right now sonic has two nvx vcw122's for $319 how do yall about nvx? i could also get two re *** 15s for $259 do the re's sound better, not thread jacking just giving an opinion while im lookig too.

An XFL will do, and sound pretty nice on 600 rms.They will do just fine and sound good doing work in the right enclosure.One ten would be all you would need in that car..1.6-1.8 cu ft.Neighbor runs one in 1.6@35 htz and it slamms nicely in an x-cab chevy on approx 800 rms.He swapps between subs from time to time.The SQubed HDS310s I have get down just fine in 4.0@32htz on 1700 rms @2ohms..Nice subs as well.If you want the lows, you are going to have to spend the money..plain and simple.Everyone wants CHEAP,so you get what you pay for.To me, the HDS200 series is really a pretty decent sub for the money,for 34htz on up,and to me considered a daily entry level sub for those wanting to add some bass to a pretty much stock system..They work just fine for that and are worth the money from other choices within the same money field,and you need to make an enclosure for that sub and its environment/vehicle confinements, and it will serve just fine..Want to hit the lows,you need the power, and the right enclosure, and sub/subs

Ypu want to go CHEAP??Get yourself a pair of Lanzar Max Pro 10s or 12s they hit just fine with good power.I ran a pair of tens in 1.6@32 HTZ in different enclosures in a 92 Integra on an Old School Mean Machine 99, that would make your eyes squint from the lows

Those integra hatches get loud waaay too easy man. Its literally cheating compared to a trunk. My bud was doing a hairtrick with a pair of tcsounds 5200 15s on 400 watts total. Unclamped on a pure audio 4 channel.

Hey guys, sorry for late reply, internet has been down. How do you guys feel about a DC audio level 2? I've heard some pretty solid stuff about DC audio. They're around $200 but If they're worth it ill spend it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.