Interface Watt Output

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey,

I'm having problems wrapping my head around the power output of my audio interface. Long story short, I was thinking bout making my own shelf speakers and hooking them to my interface.

I'm not really looking for quality, but instead really loud shelf speakers.

Interface: Scarlett 2i2

Speakers: SQ QC-HF6.5

According to SQ, that cross over is 4Ohm rated. My interface outputs 30mW at 50Ohm rating and 15mW at 150Ohm.That output isn't proportional... So I'm just super confused now lol What would be the possible output from my interface? And is there a chance the interface will catch fire at the low 4Ohm rating?

Idk, I'm really confused about this whole project and trying to find my bearing.

Thanks in advance.

Oh...

So, the RCA output on back is not supplying power at all... Just transferring audio along. That makes more sense. Is that the interface design?

I have a 2.1 Logitech setup and the satellite speakers only have an RCA cable running from them. They work very well with just that RCA cable lol

Not exactly these, but similar Logitech Speakers

It's like the RCA outputs on the back of your TV or an aftermarket radio...
It's very weak signal. Not intended to power speakers..
I understand now, just curious how my logitech speakers did it lol

to explain further that is a digital recording interface made for higher bitrates and low latency recording. its not an amp. you need powered studio monitors or at least a amplifier to drive the speakers of your choice.
something like this

Samson Servo 120A Stereo Power Amplifier
holyyy smokes that's costly... Might be reevaluating my DIY project lol

Would these plate amplifiers work? Example, Seismic Audio

I could build a sub and satellites using this? 800 to sub, 200 per satellite.

These plate amplifiers don't seem to bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.