Myths about sundown only SPL

XxAndreaxX

spain
I'm reading everywere that sundown is only SPL, at max there are some that could enter SQL, but none are SQ.

I own an X8, where Sundown itself classifies it to SPL.

Don't know what to say, I've never heard better SQ in my life at punching levels obviously.

I mean, you can have a very sensitive Sub, but if you dont feel the punch, especially at very low frequencies, its equal to fail.

The X8 is the only sub I heard so far, that can be set gain to 30hz, and still plays clean.

Don't know what people mean with SQ, for me, its clean and flat response from 0-150hz.

And with flat I mean that you can hear 30hz at the same power as 150hz without distorsion.

if you have to give gain to 150hz and quit from 30hz because of end of xmax, its a fail. and the only sub so far I could even give gain to 30hz without distorsion, is the X8.

so thumbs up for me

How does 0hz sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Also, 150 is wayyyy too high to cross your subs at //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

How does 0hz sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Also, 150 is wayyyy too high to cross your subs at //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
it sounds kinda between -1 & 1

hahaha ok just sayin, I had a sub once I had to set to 150hz because lower it got out of excursion. that was crap, but even others I have here, are set to 80-100hz and still get out of excursion. most cheap subs out there, are designed to run only peak 70-150hz, even with many houndreds of watts RMS, especially the smaller 8-10" ones.

thats why my question is, what do people mean with SQ and SPL??? how can you tell?

hahaha ok just sayin, I had a sub once I had to set to 150hz because lower it got out of excursion. that was crap, but even others I have here, are set to 80-100hz and still get out of excursion. most cheap subs out there, are designed to run only peak 70-150hz, even with many houndreds of watts RMS, especially the smaller 8-10" ones.thats why my question is, what do people mean with SQ and SPL??? how can you tell?
sq "sound quality" is different for everyone, everyone has different listening preferences... Same with spl means "sound pressure level"... They only woofers I'd classify as SPL would be woofers with like 10spiders so stiff you can stand on the cone and have it not move.. My bro had a RD heavyweight spl built woofer like that before.

sq "sound quality" is different for everyone, everyone has different listening preferences... Same with spl means "sound pressure level"... They only woofers I'd classify as SPL would be woofers with like 10spiders so stiff you can stand on the cone and have it not move.. My bro had a RD heavyweight spl built woofer like that before.
In my opinion, a SQ sub, should be able to play all the freq from lets say 1-150hz at the same pressure without distorsion at a given volume, lets say 75% of total power. right??

but its your opinion

and its subjective

so what you classify on paper

may not be what I classify be ear

and what opinion matters most , is a sound quality competition judges

all that said maybe you want to study what subs are being used in sound quality competitions

sundown makes subs that can be installed to sound great , and they make subs for SPL

be seriously how does 1-15 hertz sound ?

but its your opinion and its subjective

so what you classify on paper

may not be what I classify be ear

and what opinion matters most , is a sound quality competition judges

all that said maybe you want to study what subs are being used in sound quality competitions

sundown makes subs that can be installed to sound great , and they make subs for SPL

be seriously how does 1-15 hertz sound ?

I never mentioned 1-15hz, i said 1-150hz, it was just an example. its ovious that you won't notice difference between 1-20hz

Sq is not subjective.

There are set guidelines. Playing flat with no distortion is only a part of it.

The illusion of up front bass is the other part. That's where the midbass affects the sub bass. You should be able to hear the sub I the hood of the car in the position it's coming from. Bass guitar or drum.

Yeah, SQ is reproducing the signal accurately with an overall flat response. That can be objectively measured.

How it sounds is subjective. A competition SQ car may be very accurate, but you may not like the sound of it. Depending on your preferences, a car may sound "good" but would score horribly at a SQ competition

If it don't meet the guidelines it's not sound quality. Plain and simple. If it don't reproduce the source as intended it's not sound quality.

If you don't like sound quality than you don't like sound quality.

Sq is not subjective. There are set guidelines. Playing flat with no distortion is only a part of it.

The illusion of up front bass is the other part. That's where the midbass affects the sub bass. You should be able to hear the sub I the hood of the car in the position it's coming from. Bass guitar or drum.
Yeah also true, I listened to some rock (korn and so on) and it simply sounds weird. Its not suited for that maybe due its midbass.

I rarely listen to rock music, but yeah, I get it, you play some Eric Clapton stuff, and it will sound as weird as hell. You better switch the sub off, and give some bass to the midrange speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.