CerwinVega_Fan loss of contact after payment

Dustin_Kimble

US
US amps ax2000!!! 2000wrms @ 4 ohm

Prompt payment and haven't been able to get contact with him to find out the status of the transaction after a week. He has my phone number as well.

Hoping for the best here, this is my first transaction on this forum and I wont make another without doing escrow. Seems like this would be the way to go by looking at the rest of these posts as well. Say sellers can't get payment until tracking numbers are posted?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

He's a pretty reliable seller, and it looks like he's not been on here for almost a week. I'm sure something came up and he's dealing with it, let's just hope it's not something major! He'll make it right asap! I would sweat it more if it weren't someone with a good track record! And I don't mean to down play your anxiety about the transaction!

He has always taken care of business as far as i know..He may have some issues come up that need dealt with(vehicle wreck??Ect.) Possibly an emergency or?But, he generally takes care of business man..I wouldnt worry too much..Give it a couple more days..Try PM him again.Pretty straight up guy.

I finally got a reply from him via sms. I didn't want to bug him, just wanted to know what was going on. He had gotten sick with the flu from his son, missed a few days of work and was working extra hours to make up his work week. A mod can delete this thread or we can just let it get lost in the sea of other complaints, all is good now that I know what's going on. Seems it's still gonna take a while for him to ship the item, but I'm patient as long as I know some kind of time frame.

ITs bullshlt. I ship same day/ next day on everything. It's not hard to drop a package off at FedEx. Takes 3mins tops. No excuses... If he didn't respond in 24hours and had my money I'd file a PayPal dispute ASAP

A week is a very short time frame to be posting any negative feedback on someone in a public forum
Maybe so, but as the next poster says, a text every couple of days would have been perfectly ok in my case. I know life can be hectic and would be just fine without and excuses. He however stated he would be able to send out next day if he could find packing supplies. I wanted to have the tracking number because fedex has a bad habit of delivering my packages to my next door neighbor despite the obvious numbers on our mailboxes. I've filed several complaints with fedex. I also had a question regarding the particular unit he was sending as he had 2 different gen amplifiers and I didn't realize that until I saw pictures on CACO from his other ad posted on there. I'll admit, I could be a tad wrong in complaining in a weeks time after not being able to get in touch with the seller. Is my original complaint valid now that it's been 2 weeks and no tracking number? It's been 4 days since I've texted him, I don't want to be a bother, and he has offered to refund my money if I wasn't willing to wait for him to ship. I rejected and told him it was fine for him to keep the payment until he was able to ship. No point in adding additional steps.

Communication takes seconds and relieves concerns...poor excuses when you have the money in hand and a concerned buyer...
And the seller knows the time they can get around to it. As soon as payment posted, an approximate send time should be discussed. It was and he said if he could find the packing supplies, he would be able to send out next day.

ITs bullshlt. I ship same day/ next day on everything. It's not hard to drop a package off at FedEx. Takes 3mins tops. No excuses... If he didn't respond in 24hours and had my money I'd file a PayPal dispute ASAP
Seller seems reputable around here, so I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's been 2 weeks now. I'm still willing to be patient with him, but it's situations like this there should be a better way to set up payments.

I wonder if there is an escrow service that will hold the money untill seller enters a valid tracking number....

Soon after posting that I texted him asking for an update. He replied and said he had just got off work and was packing it up as I texted him. All is good, just took a little time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Dustin_Kimble
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date