Searching an amp for my Sundown X8 D4

XxAndreaxX

spain
Hi,

So, like everyone warned me in previous post, my 140W amp, won’t move that X8, nd its true, after 2 minutes it overheats and turns off.

You can even hear distorsion of the amp itself at higher freq. Its a mess.

So I was looking for the Sundown SAE 600d, 600w RMS should be enough to move that X8 right?

Now I see it puts 600W at 1 ohm, but 300W at 2 ohms. What does it mean? I have the X8 D4 bridged at 2 ohm, does it mean I won’t ever get 600W out of that amp??? It would **** big, because D2 and D4 were at the same price, why would a D4 even exist if you get only half of the power out of your amp???

Thanks for the input

because you can wire two dual 4 ohm subs to 1 ohm. get an amp that does 600 at 2 ohm and 1200 at 1 ohm. this will future proof you for the moment when you decide that one sub just isn't cutting it.

You won't notice a difference. The amp will only play frequencies below the low pass filter setting, which is typically set around 80 Hz. This is well within the ranges listed.

You won't notice a difference. The amp will only play frequencies below the low pass filter setting, which is typically set around 80 Hz. This is well within the ranges listed.
What does it mean? If i set it to 30, he will play 80hz anyways? What if i want to force 30hz??

If you want it to play only 30 Hz and under, then you would set the LPF to 30 Hz. If you want it to play only 30 Hz, then you would set the LPF and HPF at 30 Hz (assuming your amp has the ability to do so).

If you want it to play only 30 Hz and under, then you would set the LPF to 30 Hz. If you want it to play only 30 Hz, then you would set the LPF and HPF at 30 Hz (assuming your amp has the ability to do so).
yeah, I'm pretty shure I'll go with that audiotube, really cheap, and has that watts I need. I coud just point the LPF to 40HZ ant the Bass gain to 30Hz. Maybe that could be enough.

any other suggestions before buying it??

thanks

yeah, I'm pretty shure I'll go with that audiotube, really cheap, and has that watts I need. I coud just point the LPF to 40HZ ant the Bass gain to 30Hz. Maybe that could be enough.any other suggestions before buying it??

thanks
Please dont set your LPF to 40 Hz. Just my suggestion, but most of us on here set it to around 80 Hz

Please dont set your LPF to 40 Hz. Just my suggestion, but most of us on here set it to around 80 Hz
ok bro, I'll check it out, actual amp is set to 50hz, but I still feel, the annoying wooo wooo is still there....

I might set the new amp to 80 like you say, but set the bass boost gain to 30hz, could be an Idea.

maybe subsonic filter to 10-15hz to quit the annoying frrrr mess of the ecessive air of excursion.

just installed the new amp, 950W RMS instead of 140W RMS... big jump in watts but... no big difference at sound pressure. I know the enclosure is the first culpit, and the car design is the second one, its amazing how it affects the sound pressure. anyways, I'll set it up for my needs.

At over 30% of volume, there's lots of distorsion going on, mainly because of the driver moving air, not necessary because end of xmax or Wattage. that thing should be closed into a bandpass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.