Wiring two different speakers in parallel

Participant count
  • Participant list

Umbra

Hobbyist & CA Tenderfoot
I've got a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport I'm putting a system together for. It has four doors with speakers in each, but it also has two in the ceiling behind the second row.

I have a good four channel amp I was going to use, but I was thinking about using the two two channel amps in my signature and wiring a set of components with another set on the amp for the rear. Maybe a basic woofer for fill (the sonys do 100w @4 and 140w @ 2 per channel).

The coaxials have a passive crossover (an inline capacitor). From an electrical standpoint this seems okay to me, but if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you're not wiring below your amp's minimum stable rating, it should be fine mechanically. Downside is you can't fade or balance speakers to even things out like adjusting your soundstage with time delay

If you're not wiring below your amp's minimum stable rating, it should be fine mechanically. Downside is you can't fade or balance speakers to even things out like adjusting your soundstage with time delay
I don't have anything fancy enough to adjust time delay right now, but you bring up a good point about fade. It's all or nothing if you're sitting in the back.

If I have enough space I could give them their own amp, split the rear rca output from the hu and put a knob on it.

Either way, a one-way woofer is the way to go, right? Highs make no sense behind you.

I don't have anything fancy enough to adjust time delay right now, but you bring up a good point about fade. It's all or nothing if you're sitting in the back.
If I have enough space I could give them their own amp, split the rear rca output from the hu and put a knob on it.

Either way, a one-way woofer is the way to go, right? Highs make no sense behind you.

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother with rear speakers. I'd just spend more money on front stage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.