Radnor welding cable

wew lad
5,000+ posts

wew lad inc
VA
picked up 50 feet of some radnor welding cable from my local airgas, was told its "direct" wire(?whatever the hell that is) just rebadged. I'm thoroughly impressed. Paid about $2 a foot and it's just as flexible as anything else ive worked with.

eb flex i was quote at 1.59 a foot, plus shipping. so in the overall scheme of things i have a feeling it would of evened out ($80 plus shipping)

took a picture of it compared to tspec 1/0 ofc on the left, ancor tinned 1/0 boat cable in the middle, and then the radnor 1/0 on the right

vNN1mgD.jpg

The small local shop has some 2/0 welding cable and they want 3$ per ft lol. I told them no thanks. I guess I'll have to make a trip to air gas and check this stuff out

wew lad, shit i guess no one cares
ill bump thisuntil you care
we have argued over this already. anything that meets NEC and UL specs is superior to the car audio junk.. i dont care if its "bigger" in diameter those welding wire has to meet compression standards so its packet tighter in the jacket and may "look" smaller.

i get my stuff locally or from wedlingsupply.com

we have argued over this already. anything that meets NEC and UL specs is superior to the car audio junk.. i dont care if its "bigger" in diameter those welding wire has to meet compression standards so its packet tighter in the jacket and may "look" smaller. i get my stuff locally or from wedlingsupply.com
He got that local fam, its welding wire

so i recently learned that direct wire is directwireusa and actually pretty good quality - well known and used by welders

wew lad. im glad you found you some good stuff. what in the hell are you running? lol
the banda 7k lol

i had terrible drop due to my chassis ground, amp would go into protect lol oops

better now, but im still scared to turn it up because my sub certainly doesnt sound happy and the amp is still ******* up assloads of current im feeling it out

the banda 7k lol
i had terrible drop due to my chassis ground, amp would go into protect lol oops

better now, but im still scared to turn it up because my sub certainly doesnt sound happy and the amp is still ******* up assloads of current im feeling it out
what you electrical system like? how does that amp sound? i need a amp to power my sub want something efficient not looking to try to run it @ .5 just something efficient that sounds good.. without knowing what parts those amps used im scared to **** with um

the banda 7k lol

could it be your sub's maxed out?

what you electrical system like? how does that amp sound? i need a amp to power my sub want something efficient not looking to try to run it @ .5 just something efficient that sounds good.. without knowing what parts those amps used im scared to **** with um
2 55ah east penn AGMs, 2 alts one 115a one 200a, ive got a dedicated 1/0 run for pos/neg now with a second 1/0 pos run off a distro and 1/0 ground to chassis

they're pretty efficient, it sounds super clean. better than any koreans ive had.. lol

could it be your sub's maxed out?
maxed out? I'm pretty sure on low frequencies it is, heard a very distinct sound that sounded like it was peaked out, so i need to raise the ssf

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

wew lad

5,000+ posts
wew lad inc
wew lad
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies