Front Firing or Side Firing port (Pictures inside)

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
Its a Sundown E10v3 on 600 watts. Box is 1.28 cubes net @ 30hz with a 4 inch precision port. The car is a 99 civic.

My goal is to get low. I plan to have the sub firing into the cabin with the seats up most of the time.

I was wondering if I should take the time to get custom work done to incorporate a 90 degree elbow and have the port also firing into the cabin which is location B in the picture or if it would be sufficient if I side fired with either port position A or C.

Of course I'd like to have the most SPL out of this application too. I'm just wondering if I should take the time and effort to fab a front firing port or just go the easy route and do a side firing port and either location A or C

Sk7N3Jd.jpg

Location C would load the best. A would be a little far away as far as loading and B will only work if you seal the box off from the trunk which I'm pretty sure you're not planning on doing? I'd go with C and mount the sub up higher and over to the right side.

Isn't it a bad idea to fire the sub into the cabin with the seats up most of the time and without sealing the trunk off? Most guys seem to fire into the cabin when they keep the seats down most of the time and seal off the cabin from the trunk.

If the seats are going to be up most of the time, isn't it best to fire towards the rear of the trunk?

Alright. Its clear that I should fire back and I think I will now.

I'm assuming this also means port should be facing the rear too or should I do a side fire?

i heard a car with 2 12s during sbn with subs forward and a small square port on the driver side of the box near where you marked C with the port on the rear wall... it was pretty retarded how loud it was.

i mean.. this port was like 30-40 sq in lol wasnt sure what was going on

Its a Sundown E10v3 on 600 watts. Box is 1.28 cubes net @ 30hz with a 4 inch precision port. The car is a 99 civic.
My goal is to get low. I plan to have the sub firing into the cabin with the seats up most of the time.

I was wondering if I should take the time to get custom work done to incorporate a 90 degree elbow and have the port also firing into the cabin which is location B in the picture or if it would be sufficient if I side fired with either port position A or C.

Of course I'd like to have the most SPL out of this application too. I'm just wondering if I should take the time and effort to fab a front firing port or just go the easy route and do a side firing port and either location A or C

Sk7N3Jd.jpg
that cute.. kmsl.. id do sub back port back.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

i heard a car with 2 12s during sbn with subs forward and a small square port on the driver side of the box near where you marked C with the port on the rear wall... it was pretty retarded how loud it was.
i mean.. this port was like 30-40 sq in lol wasnt sure what was going on
loading the driver..

So I've decided to heed your guy's advice and put the port on the front so both the sub and port are firing forward and then have them firing into the trunk rather than into the cabin.

I'm actually going to try all the orientation types and see what I am looking for the most but my box builder said he will be able to fiberglass an elbow for the port.

I'm quite excited actually to hear this Sundown E10 and see exactly how low it will go tuned at 30hz

sub and port facing to the rear is one of the better options.unless you like rattling and such(some people do)deaden the trunk and under the rear panels.doing this will improve the sound up front.being a civic I would deaden as much as I could

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.