Any Aeroports out there that have a 90 elbow?

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
I REALLY want to have a front facing port for my box but the 4" aeroports length is 26 inches long. Precision Ports does not have a elbow option which absolutely baffles me so I am looking for a system that can incorporate a 90 degree elbow so I can front fire and then bend the port so I can fit the rest into the box.

I'm hoping that I can find this port in a black color too if thats possible

I REALLY want to have a front facing port for my box but the 4" aeroports length is 26 inches long. Precision Ports does not have a elbow option which absolutely baffles me so I am looking for a system that can incorporate a 90 degree elbow so I can front fire and then bend the port so I can fit the rest into the box.
I'm hoping that I can find this port in a black color too if thats possible
4" PVC pipe with elbow couples. Can get the pipe, spray paint, and a heat gun and cheap metal bowl to flare the edges for a lot less than an aero kit.

i have an enclosure BJ Fisher made for me a few years back

3 x 8" flush mount drivers , and also on the baffle 2 x 4" PSP and or aero ports, with 90 degree elbows

i am placing it for sale but off the top off my head the ports are 20 " long each from flare to flare , maybe longer

short answer yes certainly

i will toss some pics up Monday when i put it for sale

31 X 19 x 15

trupan

double baffle

great box

get you a propane torch and heat the pvc and slowly bend it. then dip it or pour water on with(room temp) to cool it..

you should heat a section up 5* the radius of the PVC to avoid weakening the PVC.

so if you have a 8" PVC heat up a section 20" to make the bend and bend it slowly.. 90degree short bends add a HUGE amount of resistance

get you a propane torch and heat the pvc and slowly bend it. then dip it or pour water on with(room temp) to cool it..you should heat a section up 5* the radius of the PVC to avoid weakening the PVC.

so if you have a 8" PVC heat up a section 20" to make the bend and bend it slowly.. 90degree short bends add a HUGE amount of resistance
You don't need to bend PVC //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

There are 90 degree elbow couplings..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That's the dumbest advice you've ever given!!!!

You don't need to bend PVC //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
There are 90 degree elbow couplings..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That's the dumbest advice you've ever given!!!!
dude. you don't have to but if you are going to use PVC **** those EBs they add a ton of resistance. if you heat in a band a longer 90 it is a lot less resistance.we do this a lot of times to pull wire but trust me those 90s cause a lot of resistance. your better off slot porting and putting wedges in the corners

dude. you don't have to but if you are going to use PVC **** those EBs they add a ton of resistance. if you heat in a band a longer 90 it is a lot less resistance.we do this a lot of times to pull wire but trust me those 90s cause a lot of resistance. your better off slot porting and putting wedges in the corners
Seriously bending PVC for 90 degree elbows.... smh.....

Depends on his experience. My dad is a plumber I know in his field, for every 90 in a line, you lose 10%(idk the actual number) of your pressure/liquid momentum.
So hes not exactly wrong

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
its a matter of resistance in the vent, the elbiws create much more resistance then a longer 90 degree bend. its not nessicary but if your going to use flares you might as well do it right.

121_zpsnzsislnu.jpg

Alright! A topic I have come across before.

I remember reading about bends in air ducts and the decrease of airflow efficiency in one of my grow books when I was doing indoor gardening.

I know this probably isn't the exact same as a sub pushing air through a port, but it can't be that much different compared to a fan pushing air through a duct right?

Anyways, here is the info from the book. Take it as you will:

A 30 Degree bend can decrease airflow by up to 30%

A 45 degree bend can decrease airflow by up to 40%

A 90 degree bend can decrease airflow by up to 60%

The longer the bend the better. This means that a 90 degree bend over the course of 2 feet will be more efficient than a 90 degree bend over the course of 1 foot.

Test it out for yourself. Take a fan and attach a duct to it. Turn on the fan and feel how much air comes out of the duct when it is straight. Then bend the duct and feel how much air is coming out. You will feel a significant decrease of air when the duct is bent.

42337e8387d3b93f9289c70377dd89e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright! A topic I have come across before.
I remember reading about bends in air ducts and the decrease of airflow efficiency in one of my grow books when I was doing indoor gardening.

I know this probably isn't the exact same as a sub pushing air through a port, but it can't be that much different compared to a fan pushing air through a duct right?

Anyways, here is the info from the book. Take it as you will:

A 30 Degree bend can decrease airflow by up to 30%

A 45 degree bend can decrease airflow by up to 40%

A 90 degree bend can decrease airflow by up to 60%

The longer the bend the better. This means that a 90 degree bend over the course of 2 feet will be more efficient than a 90 degree bend over the course of 1 foot.

Test it out for yourself. Take a fan and attach a duct to it. Turn on the fan and feel how much air comes out of the duct when it is straight. Then bend the duct and feel how much air is coming out. You will feel a significant decrease of air when the duct is bent.

42337e8387d3b93f9289c70377dd89e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indoor gardening eh? Hmmm...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

EpicMango

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
EpicMango
Colorado
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date