2016 Hyundai Elantra Sport

Participant count
  • Participant list

AnthonyO
10+ year member

Budget Banger Connoisseur
I received my SSA Dcon 12 and my JBL MS-A5001. Been going back and forth between sealed and ported. Then I looking in the spare tire well. Guess what? This car does not come with a spare tire. Common on most newer cars these days. They come with a pump and a can of fix a flat....lol

So now I go back to my Pontiac G8 GT days. I built a spare tire well sealed enclosure for two Rockford Fosgate 12's and it sounded phenomenal. So I get to measuring and I have way more than enough room for a sealed enclosure for this DCON 12. So I am gonna cut max dimension bottom, max dimension top, and then build the enclosure onto this platform. Enclosure should be 1.2 cu.ft after displacement. I should hopefully have this started with pics tomorrow.

Not sure if i am gonna incorporate an amp rack onto this or mount the amp somewhere else.

IMG_1117_zpsca7epyjm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe its just my car but you should get expanding foam or something to put inbetween the rear plastic and the window. That thing gets so annoying with the bass...

Maybe its just my car but you should get expanding foam or something to put inbetween the rear plastic and the window. That thing gets so annoying with the bass...
Is it rattling against the window or the back dash? Cause I am doing 100% coverage with NVX sound deadener in the trunk and rear dash.

Is it rattling against the window or the back dash? Cause I am doing 100% coverage with NVX sound deadener in the trunk and rear dash.
The rear dash is just weak in general if you put your hand on top of it, it stops the rattle you will see what i'm talking about once you have it. It also hits the window I put ac sealer foam I forgot the technical name for it. I didn't want to do expanding foam because i'm planning on trading it in. Also there is plastic vents on the rear bumpers that lead into the trunk with the bass it sounds like your car is farting so I would recommend closing them with tape or just removing them. These are just some tips from my experience you might not need to do all that but just a heads up.

Well shit, guess this build will go on hold pending an interface for the blue link. This fucker has a noise cancellation built in to the blue link. Basically meaning everytime that the bass would hit it would send a signal to cancel the loud noise thru the speakers. And there is no interface yet to bypass this feature. What a crock of shit.

Finally got my power wire in today. Only running 4 gauge back to distribution block and 8 gauge out to amps. Only running a Twisted Sounds 1kw and a small 2 channel

IMG_1427_zps7ghytvsp.jpg

IMG_1431_zpscnmmk8z0.jpg

IMG_1432_zps6bnzyb3v.jpg

Tomorrow I will get the LC2i in and get my two new DD608's installed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.