12" IDQd4v4

Participant count
  • Participant list

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:

I purchased a new 12" IDQd4v4 from Majik (soundethics.com) on a Saturday. It was shipped out on the following Monday and arrived that Friday. The sub was double boxed and in perfect shape.

I am running the sub in ~1cuft sealed powered by a Kenwood Excelon XR900-5 @ 2ohm. This is my 4th image dynamics subwoofer that I have run since I got into car audio. The previous ID subs were a 15" IDQd4v2, 12" IDmaxd2v3, and 12" IDd4v3.

As usual, the sub plays and blends great. I listen to a lot of phish and jam band music, as well as rap and rock. For all genres, it is a musical subwoofer. Of course rap isn't musical, but it seems to play tight, low, and accurate.

It is rather difficult for me to write a review on a subwoofer simply because I have been out of the game for a while and don't have much to compare to, but Image Dynamics has yet to disappoint me.

Back in 1998 I got an IDQ12 in a sealed box on a Crossfire in a '85 RX-7. It was my firsts. I think Image Dynamics was just starting out at that time. Well, it was impressive and I went back to the Hooper's where I bought it and wanted to add another.

This one had the green/blue basket and the dust cap that needed glueing-so it was probably version 1.

I hope they, the company, are doing well as I would like to have an IDMax15 on a USAmp 1000watt amplifier one day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

budahbuddy803

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
budahbuddy803
Aiken, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies