Amp turns on, but no sound

I have 2 JBL 12 Inch Speakers, with a 600W Kicker Amplifier, I finally got Everything hooked up and the green light turns on, but no sound comes out. I made sure the SubW setting was on in my Pioneer radio, but still nothing. Any help is appreciated, thanks

You may have used the wrong set of RCA outputs on the back of your head unit. Can you confirm you are using the sub out RCA set?

You may have used the wrong set of RCA outputs on the back of your head unit. Can you confirm you are using the sub out RCA set?
I wouldn't imagine that hooking it up to the wrong set of preouts would make it get no sound at all. Worst case would be hooking it up to the front/rear output rather than the subwoofer output, and getting a full-range signal sent to the amp instead of one with a LPF applied.

OP: did you make sure all connections are correct and properly attached? RCAs going from receiver to amp, speaker wires from amp to box, and wires on the inside of the box from the terminals to the woofers.

I'm not really into all the wiring I just went off of the directions. the only thing on the back of the radio is 2 output, red and white and I plugged them in there.

You have a good point.

I guess I'm thinking like on some HU I've used which have an input set mixed with the typical outputs.

I agree, OP should check all wire connections first....sub in box...box to amp....amp to HU.

Also I have owned a pioneer which randomly blew the RCA out set and resulted with no signal fed to my amp. This can be check with a DMM if suspected.

I've already checked wire connections multiple times, the only thing I can think of would be the RCA's but idk what of would be. How would I hook the RCA's up to the HU if there is only a input section on the back of the head unit? The directions with the radio unit show how to wire it but it's confusing. If anyone can help I want to get them working badly

Do you have an RCA to 3.5mm cable? If you can get a hold of one, plug the RCA end into your amp's inputs, the 3.5mm end into your phone or an iPod, and play something. If it works and you get bass, you'll know the amps and subs are good, and there's a problem laying in your head unit or the connection going to it.

Screenshot_2016-03-20-00-29-35.png

Is this the diagram you're talking about? Also above suggestion is a good one....if you have a 3.5mm to RCA cable

yes that's the diagram I'm talking about. I don't really understand it
Basically all that diagram tells you to do is to make sure the color of the wires coming from your stereo match up with the ones on the wiring harness. If all 4 of your speakers work, you don't have to worry about that diagram. The last part of it says that you can hook up a sub to run off the head unit's internal amp, but why would you want to...

Are you using the 2 connection that are circled with the number 2....dark grey on the diagram?

Sorry if this is a dumb question just trying to rule out any wiring issues

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.