Would this make a difference?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Reactions
10+ year member

OK so now I have a sinister soundz 12" @1ohm powered by diamond audio d5 1200 box made by CSCStang.

if I change the subwoofer to a lower powered would I be louder than the one I have since it would be more towards the peak vs the sub I have now?

My gains are set almost off due to my car not being able to handle that amount of power. Its loud and makes my car rattle with the lows, but would it be louder if I choose a lower amount rms sub?

I also noticed that the battery voltage goes down with higher hz vs lower would getting a new box at lower hz make it peak lower? because it peaks around 60hz and would like to hit lows better it's currently tuned at 32hz

my car has a 90A alternator.

Short answer no.

Truer answer....you need to compare efficiency along with power rating. A higher power sub will most likely have a stiffer suspension thus yes you could get more xmax and SPL with a lower powered subwoofer which had a "looser" suspension...but keep in mind that this is all relative to the mechanical design of the subwoofer, not the rms power spec.

I would be checking the efficiency specs to solve your problem and find a sub with more output with same power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.