Double din with BUTTONS!! Hate it!

Sleeklsc
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
So I have a Pioneer AVH-X2700bs with buttons and was wondering if anybody makes an adapter/accessory with a knob/dial for the volume that'll input into the back of the unit so that I don't have to use the buttons.

The only DD's that I liked had buttons, some kenwoods had knobs but wasn't a fan of anything else the offered. That and I'm very familiar with Pioneers.

Any help is appreciated.

Alpine INE-S920HD is a decent looking double din with a volume knob. It's discontinued but you can still find them around. I have a double din too with no knob and I just use my remote control all the time. Perfect for lazy people that don't wanna reach to the tv.

No, it would be more practical to buy a different brand of head unit to get a volume knob. No such accessory is available.
There's got to be something out there, maybe using a steering wheel control adapter that I can then tie a knob into? So instead of the input for "factory steering wheel controls" I instead wire in my own and place it where I want.

I got a kenwood just bc it has a knob.I'm srs
Dude, you don't know how close I was to buying the 23bt just because of the **** knob. The pioneer was just overall better so I had to go with it. My old 3200dvd has buttons so i'm used to it but the idea popped into my head and thought i'd ask the good ol' caraudio.com fegs.

Dude, you don't know how close I was to buying the 23bt just because of the **** knob. The pioneer was just overall better so I had to go with it. My old 3200dvd has buttons so i'm used to it but the idea popped into my head and thought i'd ask the good ol' caraudio.com fegs.
What does the x27 have that the 23bt does not? (Im debating between both as well)

What does the x27 have that the 23bt does not? (Im debating between both as well)
Better tuning abilities. The ddx-23bt has a nice 13 band eq and xovers but the 2700bs still has more, all really depends on what you need. The Kenwood has dual bt/phone while the 2700bs can only do one at a time. The Kenwood has a more powerful internal amp @ 22rms (Take that for what it's worth) but has 2.5v outs vs the 4v outputs of the Pioneer.

Better tuning abilities. The ddx-23bt has a nice 13 band eq and xovers but the 2700bs still has more, all really depends on what you need. The Kenwood has dual bt/phone while the 2700bs can only do one at a time. The Kenwood has a more powerful internal amp @ 22rms (Take that for what it's worth) but has 2.5v outs vs the 4v outputs of the Pioneer.
I see, I am also aiming mostly for audio features, but a volume knob is a must as well. I haven't seen any kenwoods that have the same audio features as an avh, even in the high price ranges. I guess i'll get the avh and get the knob for my amp like how jeff said

I see, I am also aiming mostly for audio features, but a volume knob is a must as well. I haven't seen any kenwoods that have the same audio features as an avh, even in the high price ranges. I guess i'll get the avh and get the knob for my amp like how jeff said
The Kenwood is still very much sufficient in the tuning dept, the Pioneer just has more. If the 23bt had more in depth videos I probably would've gone with it over the 2700bs, there just wasn't as much info out there so I had to trust my gut.

Do be aware that the 2700bs has it's fair share of issues regarding randomly turning on/off ect. I bought mine refurb'd in order to try and avoid said inevitable issue. That and it was cheaper. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I believe the Audiocontrol Three.2 and Four.1 have a master volume knob. Not sure what type of setup you are aiming for.

There's got to be something out there, maybe using a steering wheel control adapter that I can then tie a knob into? So instead of the input for "factory steering wheel controls" I instead wire in my own and place it where I want.
All radio volume knobs are rotary encoders, so if you can figure out how to adapt that signal to the SWC protocol for your radio then you have your solution.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.