Fiberglass question

dailyrider123

Senior VIP Member
OK this is to anybody that has experience with fiberglassing, OK I'm about to try my hand at making some custom kickpanels. The method I plan to use is too first take my original kicks and make a mold of them than build up my kicks from there. My question is, when I lay that first layer to make the mold do I use fleece or chopped strand mat to resin and pop my mold out?

You would need to lay tape down, foil, or some other base layer. Many people spray this with Pam or car wax, but there are also fiberglass mold release waxes you can buy that are made specifically for this. Then you would use your mat to lay down your mold.

Yes I plan to use Pam first lay fleece, resin, than chopped strand and foil to hold the chopped mat to hold around the curves. Do that sound right to you?

From my understanding you have fiberglass cloth(which I don't have) than you have fiberglass mat and than you have the fleece right? Well can I do this without the fiberglass cloth?

^^^^yep that's the one! I'm going by home depot today to grab a pack of 8sqft of fiberglass cloth. Another question though if I wanted to glass the my dash trim piece what's a good method?

I'd figure double sided tape or screw it to your factory kicks, now that I'm thinking about it maybe I should just build the original kicks into my pod so itll have it's factory connects already in place

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.