Kicker KSS65 component speaker review

Participant count
  • Participant list

maxmil982

These speakers retail for $200 and are very good quality. The sound is very good and accurate. They also get pretty **** loud...loud enough to not need a rear stage if you have a decent sub stage. Tweeter placement is not of any large concen mount them anywhere. I did a lot of research about where to point the things (at passenger, in x pattern, at driver, bouncing off windshield etc.) After installing I played with the direction and it makes no noticeable difference wherever they're pointed. The tweeters simply fill the front of the car with high frequency period. The tweets play clear and very loud if needed. There is a low medium high switch on the crossover for the tweets.

This speaker has terrible midbass at high volume(well actually NO midbass). This speaker is only happy at high volume playing above 150hz. This speaker clips at 50-150hz. Unless you have some sq sealed sub that can play up to 150hz well, you plan on using some midbass driver, you won't listen to your music above half volume(for lower bass songs), or you don't care about having complete range sound; I don't recommend this speaker.

Any questions feel free to ask

Last edited by a moderator:
yea man I have the 6.75 inch version never in a million years did I think kicker mids would be loud and clean really surprised me cant say as much for the cs line though!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

maxmil982

maxmil982
Atlanta, Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date