2006 Silverado crew suggestions

Xrojas13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so im looking to throw 1800 rms to pair some shallow mount tens. Im looking into the skar vd series which are decently price, the ssa dcons but thier rated for 300 each, and polly the better but expensive option would be the sundown sd-3 . Also wondering which subbox would have better output underseat or behind the seats.

Does anybody have input on weather the underseat box will perform better than behind the seats
I don't know which will perform better, but one of my friends has subs under the back seats in his truck. It feels weird sitting on them. I much prefer my back shaking instead of my butt

I sont see how people put boxes BEHIND crew cab seats, there is NO room back there at all. Id do a seat lift. was easy to do did it in a day based off of pictures i saw online. But if your not willing to tackle that id assume you have more room under the seats than behind

Well the prefabs im looking at looks like both are around the same cubic ft. Seat lift ill have to take a look into but because its a crew cab theres middle support bars under the seats.

Well lifting up crew cab seats look more of an hassle so i think ima just go with a underseat enclosure and the sundowns sd-3's .thier more expensive but would easily be resellable retain thier value more

I've got 3 e8v4's behind the seat of my 06 crew, I think the box was 2.1@34, I moved the backseat forward 1 1/2 which took about 30min. Does pretty good I think.

I've got 3 e8v4's behind the seat of my 06 crew, I think the box was 2.1@34, I moved the backseat forward 1 1/2 which took about 30min. Does pretty good I think.
does it sound bad when the seats are up or not really a difference

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.