Will this win a Meca Street Title?

CaptainMaximus
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm gonna do 2 Tc sounds 12's on a new style mojo 4k in a below window level street class build. 2 layers of deadener everywhere in a 2001 2 Door Chevy Blazer. Can I expect to win anything with this?

If not, I am currently in the process of getting another Crossfire XS 15 (previously owned by Mike Smiley) to run 2 of them in the same setup, except with 2 Mojo 4k's.

Any advice on either/or? This will be a long build but when it's done, I'm hoping to put up some major competition/numbers . Thanks in advance guys, you are the best.

Looks like you'll have a pressure class number of 4226 putting you in S4 with competitors up to pcn of 7500. I'm not very informed on classes but that sounds to me like you could go up against competitors with much more power or cone area than you. 3600 watts would drop you to the high side of the S3 pressure class and give you a better chance of winning.

I assume this based off what I'm reading on MECAs site.

General SPL Rules – MECA – Mobile Electronics Competition Association

Uhhhh, completely enclosure-dependent.............

That's also assuming that your electrical is on par. It's hard to say. How much time/effort are you willing to put into testing?

As much as needed. If it's worth doing this far, it's worth doing right. Electrical will come before any amps are installed. I may drop to 3600, which is a great idea. I may switch the vehicle to an eclipse. I will do as much testing as necessary.

My buddy was doing 154 in s3. S4 people are obviously louder. But this was BEFORE the new rules in effect for 2016. When ppl would just fuse low

TN is really competitive for MECA. I would try and shoot for S2, maybe S3.

S4 may be pretty tough this year //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif we'll see

Now that freezefest is in the books, you can get an idea of what score you will need to win a street class. The more competition, the better so you can join me in Street 2.

Dave hacks, Chauncey didn't turn up because he didn't want to kill us by the making the building vibrate and fall down. 2 12's and a 4k amp should be competitive in S2 just fine, good thing is it's clamp class and not amp rating.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CaptainMaximus

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
CaptainMaximus
Cookeville, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date