Mex-xb100bt competitors

noflers

Oregon
I'm everyone has heard about the sony head unit with 40Wx4 rms. This thing incredible, does anyone have experience with it? I know it's basically y the first of its kind, but have the competitors put out anything to go up against it?

Thats pretty interesting. Most people run external amps, but this could handle some decent high duties by itself.

It even allows for 60 watts going to a sub. Which isn't much, but still somewhat game changing in my opinion.

Also has 5V Preouts. Could be one of the better bang for your buck deals if the quality is right.

I'd like to see that output on an o-scope before I believe it. Many HU manufacturers have stretched the truth a bit on speaker level outputs in the past and Sony has made some real gems and also some real turds in the car audio department, so this could go either way and it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd like to see that output on an o-scope before I believe it. Many HU manufacturers have stretched the truth a bit on speaker level outputs in the past and Sony has made some real gems and also some real turds in the car audio department, so this could go either way and it wouldn't surprise me.
Clean output.

Installed for two buddies, I like the head unit and its features and sound quality, very solid audio options and general user interface performance. Very little install work and lots of power. Very good for the average Joe and speaker outputs can be used for tweeter duty as well if you want to install another amp.

One buddy has some coaxials and the other has components and some tang band 6x9 subwoofers infinite baffle. They bump pretty **** well when you use the feature that turns the rears into sub duty.

the shop i work at is a sony dealer, these HU's are the real deal. We use them quite a bit in boats and motorcycles. i personally love the full line of specs it has including FLAC support.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.