Pilot Alternator suggestions

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hello,

I recently bought a 2016 Honda Pilot and I want to install the system I had in my Maxima in the Pilot.

So, I want to add a bigger or second alternator on the Pilot to avoid damage or electrical stress.

Keeping in mind that I don't want to spend a fortune on this:

1- What do you suggest for me to do?

2- Which alternator should l buy? Any adapter needed?

Thank you.

Hello,I recently bought a 2016 Honda Pilot and I want to install the system I had in my Maxima in the Pilot.

So, I want to add a bigger or second alternator on the Pilot to avoid damage or electrical stress.

Keeping in mind that I don't want to spend a fortune on this:

1- What do you suggest for me to do?

2- Which alternator should l buy? Any adapter needed?

Thank you.
what trim level. the part# I listed is for lx-touring, if you have an elite then the part number I listed is incorrect

if the alt has a CANBUS interface for regulating the output, you won't get an aftermarket alt. you can have a stock alt modded to maintain the CANBUS communication.

even with the upgrade, the PCM will still control the alternator to save fuel. it's something Honda has done for 20 years.

did you verify if your stock alt has CANBUS control?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.