08 wrx suspension HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pyromaniac4food

Senior VIP Member
Socal
I am currently putting together my system in my 08 wrx hatchback and I'm starting to worry about system weight. My car sits low stock, on top of that I bought it with sti suspension lowering it another .5in or so. I have no clue what i'm going to do if my system weighs it down too much. What should I look for to replace first? I'm going to be running 2 beefy ground zero 12's in a smallish box with a 100lbs battery in the back.. Battery will get here soon and give me an idea of how much sag I'm going to have. I would like to run 2 batteries but I know another in back will be too much.

Thanks,

David

Air or coil overs. Or even putting the factory springs back in the rear and the weight might put the car where it sits now.

Post up some pics of you build when you start. I have a 2015 sti and decided to go with 2 8's . I Haven't installed mine yet still need a box definitely going with birch to keep it as light as possible.

Air or coil overs. Or even putting the factory springs back in the rear and the weight might put the car where it sits now.
I don't have the factory springs sadly. On the other hand they're less stiff then the STI so I doubt it would make a difference. Air ride on a wrx? I have never seen it, I'm sure they make it but I don't have that kind of money to throw at it.

Post up some pics of you build when you start. I have a 2015 sti and decided to go with 2 8's . I Haven't installed mine yet still need a box definitely going with birch to keep it as light as possible.
I definitely will do a small log for this build.

I'm sure they are stiffer. Easy test man just load a few friends in the back and measure before & after.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.