Manipulating port area for music preferences and aero port help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

snyderd758
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm planning an enclosure build for 4 sa8v2's the one there in now is a little on the small side and I would like to get the full potential out of them. My music preference is metal and hard rock. The vehicle is a 2009 Chevy crew subs will be positioned under the rear seat forward firing I am going to do a 3 inch seat lift. I'm shooting for 3.0 cu ft after port and sub displacement and I'm pretty savvy to calculating this and also have 5 box builds under my belt. My questions are this is it possible to manipulate port area to achieve the type of sound you want and predict this. What type of port area should I be shooting for aero and slot port. Thanks in advance.

Aero port and tune low, chop down port length(raises tuning) until you like how it sounds.

Other option is to have multiple ports and cover a port to change tuning and port area. Like three 4" aeros on tuning will be 38hz and when you cover one of the aeros you'll get 32hz. Thats what some guys do for comps.

Aero port and tune low, chop down port length(raises tuning) until you like how it sounds.
Other option is to have multiple ports and cover a port to change tuning and port area. Like three 4" aeros on tuning will be 38hz and when you cover one of the aeros you'll get 32hz. Thats what some guys do for comps.
Awesome suggestions thank you! Do you think 1 3" aero per sa8v2 will be enough? I'm currently running 1200 watts but will eventually upgrade to an saz2500. Thanks for your help.

Awesome suggestions thank you! Do you think 1 3" aero per sa8v2 will be enough? I'm currently running 1200 watts but will eventually upgrade to an saz2500. Thanks for your help.
model it in winisd and check the rear air velocity. As long as you have no port noise, you should be clear to build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.