Silverado budget build, options...

Hey guys, first post.

I've been looking into upgrading the sub-par subs in the truck right now and am stuck between a single 12" ported sub, or 2 12" subs in sealed enclosures.

I'm working with about 2.5 cubic feet of box size (under rear seat) with a 2" seat lift. I'm looking at using a Rockville RXD-M3 at 4 ohms, with the DVC 4 ohm 12" PA mofo 124x speakers (2?). It would work as ported with one or sealed with two. I know this amp puts out CEA power ratings plus some, so about 1000w rms at 1 ohm.

I've also considered the square brutus 12" sub, I've heard these and they rock like an L5.

What would you guys do? I will be building the box (have made several).

Open to suggestions! Thanks for the input, I've been trolling for a while and just can't find much of what I need.

BTW, I'm a huge fan of the low down glass shattering 30hz bass, but understand that this is a truck. I do listen to rock as well. MY buddy had 3 l7's in his ram sealed in a tiny prefab box and it was plenty of low end for me, for about a week until he literally blew the front face of the box off lol.

What year Silverado? I personally would go with the single 12 ported, but a much different sub than what you're looking at for sub 30hz tuning. Yeah those prefab boxes for the Rams are notorious for coming apart lol.

It's a 2000 extended cab, so it has less space than the 90's ones. Not sure how the nbs and nnbs trucks are set up in comparison.

What kind of sub would you go for? This one has a pretty low QTS so I thought it might be good in a sealed box.

literally blew the front face of the box off lol.

Hopefully you both learned a valuable lesson about never buying prefab boxes.

You haven't mentioned what you're trying to spend, but I'd suggest a high quality single 10" ported would be preferable to a couple dirt quality 12s.

single hds312, sa12, or anything like that ported in 2.5 cubes net will be a good budget setup

if you want to get stupid loud get rid of the back seat and build a 5 cube net box for 2 12s or 1 15. it doesnt take much in ext cabs, i have a 00 silverado ext cab

single hds312, sa12, or anything like that ported in 2.5 cubes net will be a good budget setup
if you want to get stupid loud get rid of the back seat and build a 5 cube net box for 2 12s or 1 15. it doesnt take much in ext cabs, i have a 00 silverado ext cab
That would be your choice over two in sealed boxes?

Also, I am keeping the seats. I am moving them up, but they're staying in the truck. I still have a need for them from time to time.

No love for 3-4 8's under the seat on 2-3k power.
It can be had for cheap and still be good

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
I think 4 8's would be just as choked for air space as 2 12's would, or am I wrong?

That would be your choice over two in sealed boxes?
Also, I am keeping the seats. I am moving them up, but they're staying in the truck. I still have a need for them from time to time.

I think 4 8's would be just as choked for air space as 2 12's would, or am I wrong?
Depends on the driver as not all subs need the same space.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Should I be looking at the CEA compliant numbers or the RMS numbers? The amp I'm looking at says 2000 rms but 1000 cea at 1 ohm. I wouldn't want to blow them, but the CEA numbers are appropriate for the sub. IF I missed a sticky please let me know!

Should I be looking at the CEA compliant numbers or the RMS numbers? The amp I'm looking at says 2000 rms but 1000 cea at 1 ohm. I wouldn't want to blow them, but the CEA numbers are appropriate for the sub. IF I missed a sticky please let me know!
What amp are you looking wt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What amp are you looking wt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.