Who knows about Backup Cameras, wiring to HU, and Factory Adapters?

i2ain2thunder
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
st paul, mn
Wasup fellas,

I've been here a while, got a build log and I've done plenty of car audio installations. However I've been growing out of touch with the modern world of car audio.

I have a friend that wants help with building a new system.

Here's what he drives: 2003 Lincoln Aviator

Heres what he wants:

An HU that has what I would consider to be "The works"

We're talking HD screen, Android compatible, Blue-Ray Compatible, At least 3 sets of Preouts Front/Rear/Sub (decent voltage 4v or higher), Active Crossovers for LPF & HPF, Nice EQ, Capability for Backup-Camera, Capability to wire in to his factory Steering column controls, and needs to fit into the factory location as it has a cover that comes down to deter theft I'm thinking it's a standard double din size I'll look into that.

The backup-camera has to be able to engage when the vehicle is shifted into reverse, and if possible it would be nice if it has those guidelines.

First thing's first, is this possible? Do you have recommendations?

BluRay Disc is not going to happen. The screens don't come close to showing the superior picture quality and you can hardly find BluRay disc players for rear seat passengers in the flip-down type. Android compatibility is not specific enough. Android compatibility varies greatly, starting with Android Auto, to Pioneer's AppRadio mode to mirroring the phone's display onto the head unit, and finally to mirroring and allowing touch control on the head unit. None of these options are easily explained in a few sentences, so I recommend you start with https://www.android.com/auto/ and see if that looks like a good fit.

Keeping the use of the radio privacy screen may be a problem. With all the cables and adapters that are required with a full-featured double DIN radio there might not be enough space to recess the new head unit into the dash like the factory radio.

The backup camera function you want is a basic feature. Clarion's camera and license plate frame are outstanding. I recommend at least the CC510 camera without hesitation.

BluRay Disc is not going to happen. The screens don't come close to showing the superior picture quality and you can hardly find BluRay disc players for rear seat passengers in the flip-down type. Android compatibility is not specific enough. Android compatibility varies greatly, starting with Android Auto, to Pioneer's AppRadio mode to mirroring the phone's display onto the head unit, and finally to mirroring and allowing touch control on the head unit. None of these options are easily explained in a few sentences, so I recommend you start with https://www.android.com/auto/ and see if that looks like a good fit.
Keeping the use of the radio privacy screen may be a problem. With all the cables and adapters that are required with a full-featured double DIN radio there might not be enough space to recess the new head unit into the dash like the factory radio.

The backup camera function you want is a basic feature. Clarion's camera and license plate frame are outstanding. I recommend at least the CC510 camera without hesitation.
i have a ?

i need a camera like this

Crimestopper SV-6704.IR

but i have went throw 3 of them and not getting anymore.

but whats a good one just like that as i have the hole in my roll pan already.

i have a ?i need a camera like this

Crimestopper SV-6704.IR

but i have went throw 3 of them and not getting anymore.

but whats a good one just like that as i have the hole in my roll pan already.
The new model, SV-6706.IR, will be shipping soon. I asked a contact I know at Crimestopper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.