What to expect from my new ssa dcon 12?

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
Did some research didn't find much at all know nothing about them just really liked the looks and specs and I'm always into trying new subs! Just curious anyone heard one and or ssa in general? I'll be running it sealed probably 1.25 before displacement with some r13. I'll start with 400rms. Just curious anyone like them and or opinions not expecting anything until I hear do t know why but I'm excited to hear it.

You will love it. No one I know has bought a SSA sub and didn't like it. You rarely see them up for sale either. I look for sub's that rarely come up for sale because 9 times out of 10 they are the best subs.

I have the 10 inch version's, i like them and they will take more than 400w though, i have mine in a ported tuned low and the highs have tinsel slap, that would be the only bad thing. When they where in my box tuned to 42hz i didnt hear any slapping. The 10's can get low too. Beast little subs for the dollar though. The evil series they make are stupid amazing though.

I wasn't expecting those kind of responses I'm getting aroused //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

so then one of my jbl ms-a5001 @500rms is a nice partnership for it?

Thatd do it. Good subs, ran a single 10" off a kicker 350.2, dual 4's in series to mono. Not sure on the exact power it was getting, but it sounded good. The box is key

I feel it is an excellent sub. Because it is not a 5000 watt monster or under $100, it doesn't get much press. A number of home audio guys like them too (usually the 15"). In the right box, it is a very crisp sounding sub with a clean low end. Not meant to win an SPL competition, but meant to sound great in a nice system.

Did some research didn't find much at all know nothing about them just really liked the looks and specs and I'm always into trying new subs! Just curious anyone heard one and or ssa in general? I'll be running it sealed probably 1.25 before displacement with some r13. I'll start with 400rms. Just curious anyone like them and or opinions not expecting anything until I hear do t know why but I'm excited to hear it.
Tons of people here run ssa, its a very well know brand

I'm sure it will be great, I've been wanting a xcon for a while....

I feel it is an excellent sub. Because it is not a 5000 watt monster or under $100, it doesn't get much press. A number of home audio guys like them too (usually the 15"). In the right box, it is a very crisp sounding sub with a clean low end. Not meant to win an SPL competition, but meant to sound great in a nice system.
everything you just said is exactly what im looking for!!!! so you say in the right box whats your opinion of the best sealed box for this guy? I have a 1.25 sealed which is braced and painted inside to seal up the 1"mdf and (lightly) lined walls with some r13 how that work for this pup?

everything you just said is exactly what im looking for!!!! so you say in the right box whats your opinion of the best sealed box for this guy? I have a 1.25 sealed which is braced and painted inside to seal up the 1"mdf and (lightly) lined walls with some r13 how that work for this pup?
Yes, that will work great. I routinely will use a Dcon 12 in a 1.1 sealed with a pinch of polyfill.

Just came. This is some serious build quality. Love the way it was packaged reminds me alot of my old re sx pro.

Here is some pics dont let that boxing fool you that sub is in there so tight very cool idea the way its packaged safely. such a nice looking and sounding sub couldn't be happier!!!!

here is my OPINION of its strengths in order,

1: sq

2: low end reproduction

3: freq range(musicality)

4: output(for 400 watts nobody can complain and this is day one of a tight suspension!)

Ah, that new subwoofer unboxing. Looks great hope you enjoy it. I've spoke with denim a few times he is a very helpful guy and quick to reply.

Ah, that new subwoofer unboxing. Looks great hope you enjoy it. I've spoke with denim a few times he is a very helpful guy and quick to reply.
hes one of the nicest humans ive ever spoke with!!

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

its a very clean sub extremely happy cant imagine the higher lines my fiance wants a ssa sub now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.