Auto dimming/tinting mirrors w/ voltage display!

qwiktune
10+ year member

Ninja Samurai
Hey guys I made a mirror like this for myself awhile back to monitor my battery voltage and a lot of people showed interested so I figured I'd offer a couple to the community. They are auto dimming/tinting rear view mirrors (meaning when headlights behind you hit the sensor they auto tint, no need to manually flip the mirror) and I installed custom voltage meter display. I can do these Displays in BLUE, RED or GREEN (as pictured below). They work on basically anything with a windshield and battery. Installing is simple, ground and power wire to connect.

If it might tickle anyone's fancy I also have compass display only mirrors and mirrors with compass/temperature display (comes with temp sensor). But these cannot be combined with voltage and are only one color (its like a light green). I'll post some pictures below to show. Prices are as follows

Voltage - $55

Compass Only - $40

Compass/Temp - $65

+ship

If you need any help or have any questions just let me know, thanks! I'm located in Pittsburgh, PA

Oh dang man, sweet! If I only had some cash bro. I would buy that in a heartbeat. Those looks so sweet. Great job. I maybe may be getting with you about these right before Christmas if I get another payday. :p

Thanks fellas, right now i probably have enough to make about 10 or so. Seems like because of the Holidays the general consensuses is no one has money right now so I think if you need to wait till after the Holiday I should have a couple left. Just get a hold of me when you think you might be ready. My email is "itz_mattu@yahoo.com" in case I forget to check on here.

any pics of the back of the actual unit where the wires come out? I'm curious to see how well i can hide the wires on my specific windshield

any pics of the back of the actual unit where the wires come out? I'm curious to see how well i can hide the wires on my specific windshield
Yeah heres an example of how the wires come out, but I got a couple of these plastic covers (circled in the second picture) i can include for you so you see no wires up to the headliner //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

It'd be cool if you found a way to merge the compass/temp and voltage all into one just curious though I noticed there's 4wires coming off the one you posted. Is that only for the compass/temp ones? And do you include wiring instructions with them

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

The problem is two different displays are used, the voltage reading a certain way and the comp/temp having letters for the directions and reading in degrees for temp. 4 wires would be the temp, 2 run to the temp sensor. I can include wiring directions no problem but it's very very easy. If you need help you can always just PM me and I'd be more than happy to help

The problem is two different displays are used, the voltage reading a certain way and the comp/temp having letters for the directions and reading in degrees for temp. 4 wires would be the temp, 2 run to the temp sensor. I can include wiring directions no problem but it's very very easy. If you need help you can always just PM me and I'd be more than happy to help
Wonder if you could put the voltage on the opposite side of the mirror?

Wonder if you could put the voltage on the opposite side of the mirror?
I'd have to double check the available space on the opposite side as it might be possible, however IIRC the circuit board for the mirror (for the auto dimming) is mainly taking up that side and center as to leave the open space on the one side for the display circuitry. Also that double layer glass i'm using is already the way it is (with the one open "window" for the display). To do the other side I would have to scrape the backing material on the glass (so it would have another transparent "window") and I'm not sure the extra work would be worth the price I'd have to bump it up on doing that labor you know what I mean.

I'd have to double check the available space on the opposite side as it might be possible, however IIRC the circuit board for the mirror (for the auto dimming) is mainly taking up that side and center as to leave the open space on the one side for the display circuitry. Also that double layer glass i'm using is already the way it is (with the one open "window" for the display). To do the other side I would have to scrape the backing material on the glass (so it would have another transparent "window") and I'm not sure the extra work would be worth the price I'd have to bump it up on doing that labor you know what I mean.
True. After the holidays are over I definitely want the voltage one though I'll let you know

True. After the holidays are over I definitely want the voltage one though I'll let you know
No problem buddy, just contact me when you are ready and let me know which color display you were wanting.

If you can still use your rear view mirror your not loud enough. This is pointless when the bass drops. Lol
I dont go crazy loud in my daily becuz at older age I'm starting to get a little more worried about damaging my hearing lol! But these work in every car so if you ever get to that point when you find yourself "turning it down" and can reattach your rear view, well there ya go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you can still use your rear view mirror your not loud enough. This is pointless when the bass drops. Lol
True But its still a good way to make sure your alt is charging where its supposed to when there's no strain on the system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.