DAYTONS 18" - Are they ok for car audio?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 18" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 ohm
Would two of these work in a ported box tuned at about 32Hz. for car audio? I hear that they are more for home audio but are 4ohm @ 900 rms so make me believe that hey could handle car audio. What do you guys think?
I was recommended two of these for car by a knowledgeable person. If your 18" are from the same series it should be fine. I was recommended the Dual Dayton HO 10"s in sealed although not ported.

The guy who's selling them also told me sealed but I think ported has a bit more output. If you look at the reviews on the website there's people building like 5cf boxes ported for these things - they hit really low according to some reviewers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your not very smart, are you??
Email partsexpress tech dept. and ask them. They're very good at returning emails.
You're //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I installed the 15" versions in my Integra yesterday and they work out good. It's going to be dependent on your install. That driver is low fs low qts and a okay BL. I personally love the sounds of low fs, qts high bl drivers.

You're //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifI installed the 15" versions in my Integra yesterday and they work out good. It's going to be dependent on your install. That driver is low fs low qts and a okay BL. I personally love the sounds of low fs, qts high bl drivers.
I ( I've) lol

Enough with the grammar correcting , lol . Can you rephrase this in English please ? lol...

I ( I've) lolEnough with the grammar correcting , lol . Can you rephrase this in English please ? lol...
Ha that was funny. I think you will like the driver a lot. I need to wait for the drivers to fully break in before but they are nice

The guy who's selling them also told me sealed but I think ported has a bit more output. If you look at the reviews on the website there's people building like 5cf boxes ported for these things - they hit really low according to some reviewers

Yea it could work either sealed or ported. They are originally home theater subs but they do well in car audio as well. These subs are known to do well in smaller than usual enclosures. If you have the room, go ported. You will get more output and still have a nice smooth response curve. If space is of concern, then go sealed and you can still get pretty good results. They are great for the price and very versitile. It comes with Triple shorting ring technology to reduce distortion. Can't go wrong with them. You just gotta find power at 4 ohms though if you wanna buy just 1.

So dude Wants 300$ for both and according to him they are in good condition. What do you think ? Good deal or bad ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.