Zapco or Eclipse 4 channel amp, what would you use for infinity kappas?

MAkahveli
10+ year member

I need to get rid of one of these amps I won't need (need holiday money). I have infinity kappa components in the front and infinity kappa coaxial speakers in the rear. Both sets are rated from 90-100w rms per speaker all at 4 ohm ratings. I have two amps in hand to use and they are a Zapco Reference 1000.4 that does 150w rms x4 at 4 ohms stereo (is this too much?) and Eclipse PA5422 that does 85w rms x4 at 4 ohm (read these are underrated and successor or their premium amp models).

I know the eclipse may be the obvious one at first, but hearing how amps never put out what they say they do and Zapco from what I hear is the $hit! Only downside is I need another symbilink cord setup for it. Please help me make a great decision on this.....?!?!

If you need to know the components said 90w rms on box even though I looked up specs of tweeter and mid individually and can handle over 130w rms when I do the math and rear coaxials take 100wrms each. ?????

I don't think you will go wrong with either amp when it comes to pushing your speakers. The question is...Which amp can get you the most money when you sell it? I'm not sure on this, but I would think you could get more cash for the Zapco.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.