8" small enclosure sub recommendation

Flyingscotsman

Scotland
Hi Guys, first proper post here, so bear with me...

I'm looking for an 8inch small enclosure sub for my 2015 Mercedes w205 sedan, to go in the stock location in the passenger footwell.

The enclosure is 0.5 cu ft in volume, so I was looking at the pioneer TS-SW2002D2 initially, but I have seen that Alpine (SWR-8D2) Focal (P20F) and JL audio (8w3v3) also do subs that might fit the bill.

I'll be using a JL audio XD400/4 bridged to power the sub, so around 200wRMS, and a set of Focal 100KRS components.

I mainly listen to EDM, rock and a little bit of hip hop.

Ive seen sundown subs recommended on the forum, but I don't think they are available here in the UK.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Welcome! I believe JL would be a great fit for you as it is an all around good woofer with great sound and doesn't need more than the power you are able to provide it! Although Focal always makes a great product, I just don't have any experience with that particular sub. I am not a big fan of the Alpine... Seemed to distort easily to me. (Just my 2cents). Good luck!

Thanks, was thinking the JL would probably be the best option, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

Looking at the specs tho, it looks like the pioneer goes lower than the rest.. Down to 20 hz, but has less xmax.

Not sure if I'll even notice the lowest notes.

The other concern is that the components I'll be using only go down t around 120hz.. Not sure if that will have any bearing on which one will integrate best.

Don't pay much attention to the frequency of the speakers as it all depends on the enclosure

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

I know several swore by the sq of the sundown sd2, but heard they also hit pretty well and play low. Fit sealed and small box requirements like you have. I think they have moved to the sd 3 model now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.