need help on how to install a alpine era-g320 dsp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pono76

so i was thinking about getting one but i have no clue on how to install it the manual on google makes no sense because it says the power supply needs to be wired to a battery but the power supply harness wires are way to short to be ran to a battery it looks as if they are connected to a hu can some one help this is the manual http://www.how2install.it/manuals/complete_pdfs/0D/63/0D639D68B2DA412139E693188CAD3F4374998DA7.pdf

and this is the pics of the dsp with the power supply wires in the pics Alpine Sound Field Processor Era G320 AI Net | eBay

i've had a few of these, and ran them for years.

yes, the harness is short and it is expected you power it from the amplifier power distribution block, or extend wiring. you'll need amplifiers anyway and this is best located back by the amplifiers.

it is compatible with any headunit with RCA output but best suited for use with an Ai-Net Alpine head unit (CDA, DVA, IVA series). Ai-Net cable offers both audio and control in a single cable. You need the remote display controller to make adjustments. It is the same size as a single DIN head unit. I located mine in place of the overhead sunglass holder.

tori_may07159.jpg

trunkdash0208007.jpg

trunkdash0208006.jpg

trunkdash0208004.jpg

alpineERA-G320ebay010903.jpg

thanks man, so i can basically wire these to the harness on my hu but will have to run a remote wire to the amplifier? by any chance do you have one for sale or know where i could purchase one?

i've had a few of these, and ran them for years.
yes, the harness is short and it is expected you power it from the amplifier power distribution block, or extend wiring. you'll need amplifiers anyway and this is best located back by the amplifiers.

it is compatible with any headunit with RCA output but best suited for use with an Ai-Net Alpine head unit (CDA, DVA, IVA series). Ai-Net cable offers both audio and control in a single cable. You need the remote display controller to make adjustments. It is the same size as a single DIN head unit. I located mine in place of the overhead sunglass holder.

tori_may07159.jpg

trunkdash0208007.jpg

trunkdash0208006.jpg

trunkdash0208004.jpg

alpineERA-G320ebay010903.jpg
thanks man, so i can basically wire these to the harness on my hu but will have to run a remote wire to the amplifier? by any chance do you have one for sale or know where i could purchase one?

The G320 will get a turn-on signal from the HU (automatic with an Alpine head unit and AiNet). The processor provides the remote turn on signal to the amplifiers.

This is a vintage piece best paired with a vintage Alpine head unit. There are much better processors available for the same or less cost.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i've also ran the Alpine PXA-H701 with RUX-C701. It was much more flexible than the G320 (which I originally owned in the late 90's).

I currently run the Alpine PXA-H800 with RUX-C800. The H800 is by far the best they've made yet.

The main advantage to running Alpine processors is using their head units for control (especially volume control) and having remote displays that allow tuning (most require a laptop). Dragging out a laptop to make an adjustment is a PITA. The H800 allows for laptop tuning, but only necessary for their Imprint tuning. Manual adjustments are through the controller.

MiniDSP units are cheap and flexible. 100% laptop with no interface.

Audison Bit series offer a display for some preset recall and volume adjustment.

Rockford, PPI, etc. have processors in boxes with laptop tuning.

what processor to use depends on what your goals are. the G320 was noisy, with an audible background hiss at higher volumes (audible during track pauses). it was limited in EQ, had time alignment, but lacked any crossovers or phase or level adjustment of modern units.

i've also ran the Alpine PXA-H701 with RUX-C701. It was much more flexible than the G320 (which I originally owned in the late 90's).
I currently run the Alpine PXA-H800 with RUX-C800. The H800 is by far the best they've made yet.

The main advantage to running Alpine processors is using their head units for control (especially volume control) and having remote displays that allow tuning (most require a laptop). Dragging out a laptop to make an adjustment is a PITA. The H800 allows for laptop tuning, but only necessary for their Imprint tuning. Manual adjustments are through the controller.

MiniDSP units are cheap and flexible. 100% laptop with no interface.

Audison Bit series offer a display for some preset recall and volume adjustment.

Rockford, PPI, etc. have processors in boxes with laptop tuning.

what processor to use depends on what your goals are. the G320 was noisy, with an audible background hiss at higher volumes (audible during track pauses). it was limited in EQ, had time alignment, but lacked any crossovers or phase or level adjustment of modern units.
ahh i got you but this exact dsp is like the god tool from where i am from lol, like alot of people out here tend to listen to the reverb, echoish type of music and thats what the g320 offers and its presets are just perfect so thats why im in need in one its just way better than editing our music adding echo and reverb to a song.. lol

that's very interesting. I suppose there aren't many other processors with reverb like it.

The G320 pops up on eBay every so often. usually sells for $200-$400 depending on the condition, packaging, and market. Best way to find it is hit up audio forums asking for them, checking audio forum classifieds, eBay, etc.

I wouldn't buy this one for the damage

Alpine Sound Field Processor Era G320 AI Net | eBay

This one appears to lack the brain and wiring (but is an example for how valuable the controllers can be)

make sure you get the 17' controller cable with it. do you have an Alpine Ai-Net head unit to pair with it? it's my strongest recommendation you do.

that's very interesting. I suppose there aren't many other processors with reverb like it.
The G320 pops up on eBay every so often. usually sells for $200-$400 depending on the condition, packaging, and market. Best way to find it is hit up audio forums asking for them, checking audio forum classifieds, eBay, etc.

I wouldn't buy this one for the damage

This one appears to lack the brain and wiring (but is an example for how valuable the controllers can be)

make sure you get the 17' controller cable with it. do you have an Alpine Ai-Net head unit to pair with it? it's my strongest recommendation you do.
i actually dont i have a pioneer double din installed in my car :p i seen that first link you sent, well it had a little damage to the cable but one illumination color didnt work but the other color fully function isnt thats a good and bad type of deal?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.