Budget Sub and Amp For FRS

xFury

LV, NV
Hey everyone. Looking for a sub recommendation for the FRS. Since trunk space is kinda limited, I'm not sure what to get, since I usually go with 12". Need a recommendation for the amp also.

Number of subs preferred: 1 maybe 2.

Size preferred (if configuration allows): Doesn't matter

Budget: $250ish (For Sub) $150ish (For Amp)

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): Need recommendations also

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): Est 6.9 cubic.

Goals: Improve audio and bass. Not trying to do competition lol

Listening habits: Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB, Trap

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Quality brands preferred.

Thanks!

[quote name='xFury']Hey everyone. Looking for a sub recommendation for the FRS. Since trunk space is kinda limited, I'm not sure what to get, since I usually go with 12". Need a recommendation for the amp also.

Number of subs preferred: 1 maybe 2.
Size preferred (if configuration allows): Doesn't matter
Budget: $250ish (For Sub) $150ish (For Amp)
Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): Need recommendations also
Space available (take measurements, do not guess): Est 6.9 cubic.
Goals: Improve audio and bass. Not trying to do competition lol
Listening habits: Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB, Trap
Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Quality brands preferred.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

soundqubed Hds 212 in a T-line enclosure. Loud and good sounding would depend on the enclosure too. Hit up @CSCStang for a t-line.

these are 2 8s on less than 400 watts and they can handle a lot more.

https://vid.me/DIQz

My buddy has an FRS. They have very little space. I would wait for the Soundqubed black friday sale and pick up 2 HDS2 8"s and get a PPI P1000.1 from sonic electronics.

My buddy has an FRS. They have very little space. I would wait for the Soundqubed black friday sale and pick up 2 HDS2 8"s and get a PPI P1000.1 from sonic electronics.
I second this idea... maybe a bit more power if you can afford it. I've had both the sa8's and the hds208's and both are impressive. A single 12 would be a slight bit more cone area though and cost a bit less than two 8's if you can fit it. A single hds2 12 would do well on the ppi p1000.1

Check out the American Bass XD844's. I ran an hds2 12 on 1k rms and my xd8's murder it. Don't get me wrong, the Sq is a great sub, but the xd8's are a killer budget sub. A single xd8 was noticably louder than the Sundown e10v2 I had before it.

Here's my xd8's moving a little air. Not bad for $65 ea.

Not to mention the box is a lot smaller.

BTW, I agree with the ppi phantom ph1000.1. Great amp that does rated power and has a small footprint. Ran one on my xd8's for a long time and it never gave me any problems.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Ppi 1000.1
It's been great for me
Thanks! Will take a look at this.

Also will the Pioneer GM-D8601 or Rockford Fosgate R500X1D be a good choice also?

Thanks for this! Black Friday is coming up hopefully there is some good deals lol. And yeah the trunk is small, so I might just go with a Single unit instead. Wanted to get the 12's but Idk if that would even fit properly.

Check out the American Bass XD844's. I ran an hds2 12 on 1k rms and my xd8's murder it. Don't get me wrong, the Sq is a great sub, but the xd8's are a killer budget sub. A single xd8 was noticably louder than the Sundown e10v2 I had before it.

Here's my xd8's moving a little air. Not bad for $65 ea.

Thanks for this, will check it out!

I'm working on rebuilding an Audioque HDC3 right now D2 ohm American made coil Sundown Zv2 cone and suspension. I suspect I could get it to your door for @ 225$.

Thanks for the input everyone. Can't decide between SA-8 and Soundq 8.

Will that PPI1000.1 have any issues handling those 600RMS? Cause I usually see that those type of amps aren't really that good for that Watt and price range.

Gonna be using a Rockford line out converter for factor unit and Knu OFC 4 gauge.

Thanks!

[quote name='xFury']Thanks for the input everyone. Can't decide between SA-8 and Soundq 8.

Will that PPI1000.1 have any issues handling those 600RMS? Cause I usually see that those type of amps aren't really that good for that Watt and price range.

Gonna be using a Rockford line out converter for factor unit and Knu OFC 4 gauge.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'd say hit up @CSCStang for a T line design for the HDS 208. Kuz his setup is ridiculous with only 2 8s. Soo many people ask him WHERE ARE YOU HIDING THE 12s! These people arent bass noobs either, they are bassheads too lol.

Those amps do work man. Proven in the vid they make more power than expected too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2px2gBXAP8

[quote name='Jeffdachef']I'd say hit up @CSCStang for a T line design for the HDS 208. Kuz his setup is ridiculous with only 2 8s. Soo many people ask him WHERE ARE YOU HIDING THE 12s! These people arent bass noobs either, they are bassheads too lol.

Those amps do work man. Proven in the vid they make more power than expected too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2px2gBXAP8[/QUOTE]

I think 1 would be more then enough for me :p

Sweet, gonna add that amp to the cart. Hopefully someplace would have those items on sale especially the HDS208.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.