Factory Sound Dampening

Participant count
  • Participants list

itln.stln

I've got a 99 mustang that I'm planning on installing Second Skin throughout, however as I removed the trunk panels and carpet I noticed that the factory had already installed some dampening. My question to you guys is; is it worth the trouble of removing the factory dampening before installing the Second Skin stuff or should it be okay to just lay the Second Skin over the top of it?

Thanks

Cool, thanks for the info. While I'm here I might as well ask another question. Is there any benefit to applying sound dampener to the inside of the doors or will it cause issues with the window mechanism?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.