RECONE parts and/or someone to RECONE ID CXS62 V.1

Participant count
  • Participants list

tlineitup

I am needing the parts to do recones on my 6.5 inch image dynamics CXS 64v.1. If someone has the parts that would be great but if someone is actually able to do these that would be better please message me or email me at jw.gross3@gmail.com

Changed post as they are cxs64 as I got them mixed up with a previous pair of 62s I had.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I believe ID told me they didn't recone them and wanted to sell me a new set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy new speakers. It's not cost effective to recone speakers like these, which is why ID doesn't offer that service.
Well I originally thought that would be the way to go to until I found out a new set was around $200 and I have YET to find a used pair for sale. So unless the recone parts are $200+ (I don't see how they could be though). I would think reconing them would be the MOST cost effective way to go. But you both may know something I dont as I am the one asking the questions.

Buy new speakers. It's not cost effective to recone speakers like these, which is why ID doesn't offer that service.
Well I originally thought that would be the way to go to until I found out a new set was around $200 and I have YET to find a used pair for sale. So unless the recone parts are $200+ (I don't see how they could be though). I would think reconing them would be the MOST cost effective way to go. But you both may know something I dont as I am the one asking the questions.

The problem isn't the theoretical cost of reconing 1 pair of speakers, it's the nearly 100% chance that ID doesn't have parts to do so. This is most likely why they said to buy new speakers as it literally is their only option. Most car audio manufacturers order speakers fully assembled from a factory. This is the short, short explanation. It isn't cost effective to order spare parts when we're talking minimum order quantities in the hundreds, if not thousands of pieces.

Assuming you were to ship them out and back to someone to repair and paid 60-70$ a pop for parts and labor you're not really that far ahead of the game. And that's if you found someone who had those small size parts. I highly doubt you'll find anybody who sells midrange sized parts loose though and if you do if they're not precisely the same as what is in them from the factory the end result performance will be unpredictable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.