Loudest No Wall Vehicle?

SounDrive
Pro Seller

www.soundrive.audio
Lebanon, TN
Who has hit the highest score without a wall (or blowthrough) that you've seen? Outlaw, sealed, headrest... please include the location with your post.

I'm more interested in builds legal for street classes (2 rows of seats still installed, so no CRX, panda, ext cab trucks, or SUVs with boxes to the B pillar)

I'm just wondering as I'm eventually shooting for a 160 with no wall.

You are pretty close to that 160 man, a few more DBs to go. Whats your box specs like?
2 8" aeros. No bracing, no rounded corners... just a box with external aeros. Did something with them a little different than most people though. I want to resin the inside and round the corners and see if it helps. Maybe add some threaded rod to brace it, but it's pretty solid. I hope rounding the corners helps because I don't want to drop $150 on wood to build a new box if it hurts the score.

I've still got some major things to do to the build so I'm hoping I can at least get to 158 outlaw / 155 headrest this season and shoot for the 160 goal the year after that. My goal was 155 outlaw by the end of this season but I already broke that with half power and little to no testing... oops

Resin and rods will help. Rounding corners will not, I'd bet.
It's helped plenty of loud builds before. It's just hit or miss with every box

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

you can cut up sonotubes for corner rounds and resin over that. Its easily removable rather than wood and its a lot rounder so you wouldnt have to destroy the box.
I've heard of people doing that before, I'll probably do that. I was going to just pour a bunch of resin in there and tilt the box and let it dry for each corner.

There's a thread over on Caco about this. There's a dude doing 60s no wall in a Tahoe. I'll go find the thread
Which Tahoe was it? The 2 loud ones I saw so far in there were built to the B pillar or above the window line so they're not "stock/street" builds

edit: I think I saw what you're talking about, Heath's was doing 61's

Who has hit the highest score without a wall (or blowthrough) that you've seen? Outlaw, sealed, headrest... please include the location with your post.
I'm more interested in builds legal for street classes (2 rows of seats still installed, so no CRX, panda, ext cab trucks, or SUVs with boxes to the B pillar)

I'm just wondering as I'm eventually shooting for a 160 with no wall.
Why not just say "Tahoe in the cargo area" then?

Heath is for sure one of, if not the, loudest no wall street builds I know of. But it's an Explorer

Alan Hall was doing 57-58 no sweat in a musical box in his Tahoe. Similar setup to yours.

Why not just say "Tahoe in the cargo area" then?
Heath is for sure one of, if not the, loudest no wall street builds I know of. But it's an Explorer
Because it's not limited to Tahoes. Any vehicle that qualifies for the new stock class in MECA is fair game.

Heath's build is pretty similar to what I'd do if I could find 2 more matching motors for my subs.

Because it's not limited to Tahoes. Any vehicle that qualifies for the new stock class in MECA is fair game.
Heath's build is pretty similar to what I'd do if I could find 2 more matching motors for my subs.
I was just giving you shit since you eliminated all of the stupid loud vehicles.

Meca has the new classes released? I was told about them happening. Where can I find the new classes?

Meca has the new classes released? I was told about them happening. Where can I find the new classes?
Nothing official yet. I heard it's very possible that stock will be split into stock (2 rows of seats) and mod stock (trucks, crx, suv's built to the b pillar). That would even out the advantage ext cabs and CRXs have

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.