Loudest blowthrough in 4 door truck?

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Ok, so I'm happy with my truck right now, but I'm still scheming about what to do next.

I really don't want to wall it all the way up to the roof with enclosure. I've seen nasty blowthroughs with single cab trucks.

I'd compare a blowthrough in a 4 door truck to be like a C-pillar wall in an SUV, but with less baffle space. This is a disadvantage.

Currently, I like being able to see out the back window. Every night, I back in at my house. I can easily look out the back and make sure I'm not going to hit my mom's brand new 2015 Wrangler. With my current setup, my rear-view mirror doesn't stay put for long. It usually ends up pining towards my center console after a few notes, but I can adjust it back up if I need to use it for some reason.

I tried driving without using it for a little bit, and hated it. I don't normally use my passenger side mirror, and hate it. I never feel 100% about merging using that mirror. I either use my rear-view mirror or actually turn my head and look out the rear passenger window.

For those of you with walls, how do you drive like that??? No thanks.

I've decided that next I'll do a blow through if I do keep this truck. Does anybody know what the loudest non-extreme 4 door truck with a blowthrough is?

I'd like to run 3 or 4 18's if I did do this. I still want to be able to pull a hairtrick, but I'm not sure if a blowthrough in my truck would be able to do it.

I want to put the back seats back in for other purposes now, lol...

It's hard to bang in the back of a 2002 Civic!

I ran a wall with 4 18's and absolutely hated it. I use my rearview mirror as well as look out the back window quite a bit. I went back to a standard ported box..it just wasn't worth it to me.

Yeah, I don't want to wreck my truck if I wall it and can't see.

I just don't want to lose the ability to hairtrick, because I've finally got it.

Would 3 18's on ~15k of Korean power (before rise) still get'r done?

Yeah, I don't want to wreck my truck if I wall it and can't see.
I just don't want to lose the ability to hairtrick, because I've finally got it.

Would 3 18's on ~15k of Korean power (before rise) still get'r done?
If u cant hairtrick on that just stop and sell everything including the truck and buy a bicycle.i could do decent hairtricks from my trunk when i had my hdc4 12s

A blowthrough will kill any resale value of the car. As impala said you don't need that much to do one. Shit I can move some hair with my one 12.

It depends on what you consider loud. I had a quasi-6th for 6 sd2-8s on 2000 watts do a 143@33 hz in a tacoma access cab. Never tried to hairtrick and I ended up bracing my rearview mirror cause that bish wouldn't stay still even at quarter volume. For 6 8s that's not loud to alot of people. For the wow factor was what I loved the most. People would think I had 12s or 15s. It was fun but now I'm trying to figure out how to cram more cone area into the same space.

If u cant hairtrick on that just stop and sell everything including the truck and buy a bicycle.i could do decent hairtricks from my trunk when i had my hdc4 12s
I already have a bicycle though.

I was just wondering if the rear doors and roof would absorb all the pressure and I'd lose what I've worked for

A blowthrough will kill any resale value of the car. As impala said you don't need that much to do one. Shit I can move some hair with my one 12.
If I go that route, I probably will never sell the truck, unless a frat boy wanted to buy it for more than it's worth to me.

I would be doing a blow through to re-gain my back seats and the front bench seat. This truck would be a family vehicle for me for the rest of it's life. It's a full 4-door and safe for kids. Has 170k miles on it and still going strong. If the engine or transmission goes out, I'll just replace it. It's not rusted out at this point

I'd probaly take the stickers off and make it a sleeper. Nobody would expect 3 18's an 15k in an un-marked truck like this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Let me help you with a design.
Ok, sure, if you'd like to.

I've actually just switched my plans this morning, so it's going to cost me next to nothing to do.

I'll use the two Z's I already have. I was thinking about making three 16.5" holes on the baffle evenly spaced. Two would be for the 18" subs and one would be for a flared 15" aeroport like Sintorman on CACO is using. I'd be able to move the aeroport around to the different holes and change the length to see what works best. I just need to decide on an enclosure volume now

Ok, sure, if you'd like to.
I've actually just switched my plans this morning, so it's going to cost me next to nothing to do.

I'll use the two Z's I already have. I was thinking about making three 16.5" holes on the baffle evenly spaced. Two would be for the 18" subs and one would be for a flared 15" aeroport like Sintorman on CACO is using. I'd be able to move the aeroport around to the different holes and change the length to see what works best. I just need to decide on an enclosure volume now
I mean if you're talking about a blowthrough, you want to do bandpass. Make sure you have enough room.

I mean if you're talking about a blowthrough, you want to do bandpass. Make sure you have enough room.
Why bandpass instead of just walling them off where they come into the cab? I've never done a bandpass before. It's a 6 foot bed that's 5 feet across and about 18-19 inches tall. That's the total space I've got to work with. Not sure if that's enough for a dual 18" bandpass box

Why bandpass instead of just walling them off where they come into the cab? I've never done a bandpass before. It's a 6 foot bed that's 5 feet across and about 18-19 inches tall. That's the total space I've got to work with. Not sure if that's enough for a dual 18" bandpass box
So your planning on doing a blow through?

Yep. Speaking of which, I haven't seen any progress with yours lately....
It sounds like your planning on cutting a giant hole and just having 2 18s and port facing into cab?

And stupid juice box forgot to ship my battery thats all im waiting on to start the substage. The mids and highs im waiting for black friday to buy some nendo goodies probably.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.