Sign in to follow this  
JJ30

Acura Integra - Install Tweeters in Factory Location

Do you own an Integra that didn't come with stock tweeters? That's okay! The only thing Acura didn't do was cut a small hole in the door. That is all. There are wires in the door for a tweeter, as well as a cutout where the tweeter would've gone.

Step 1: Tools

All I used was a sharpie and my WEN rotary tool (very inexpensive on Amazon) with a drill bit and then switched to a grinding stone bit.

DSC_1451.jpg

Step 2: Adios!

Say goodbye to your old tweeterless door panel

DSC_1446.jpg

Step 3: Measure Tweeter

If your tweeters didn't come with a template, measure them.

DSC_1450.jpg

Step 4: Drawing lines

There's a small hole directly in the center of the cutout, this is where I centered the lines.

TIP: Draw a circle around the lines! I didn't think of it at the time but it would've helped a lot.

DSC_1449.jpg

Step 5: Committed to the hole

Using the drill bit, drill a hole through the panel and create a big enough hole to be able to use the stone bit. Go to town with the stone bit, carving away ONLY the plastic (Not the fabric), checking to see if the tweeter will fit every 30 seconds or so, don't stay in one place too long or your circle will quickly become oddly shaped. I didn't carve away the fabric in order to fold it back, giving the tweeter a tight fit.

DSC_1457.jpg

Step 6: Poke it in

After a few minutes perfecting your circle, it should finally be just the right size to accommodate your tweeter. (Repeat steps 1 through 6 for other door :graduate: )

DSC_1460.jpg

Mission Success!

In less than 30 minutes you can turn your lame-o non-tweeter door panel into a less-lame door panel, woot!

DSC_1461.jpg

For my build, I did not use the factory tweeter wires. I have speaker wire routed through the door grommets (NOT FUN) and into crossovers epoxied on the back of the door panel. Running off an NVX mvp4.

-JJ30

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EmoneyRI
      Hey all, I'm looking to get some quality 6.5's for my TL, right now my stock speakers are component 6.5 in the front with a 3" center speaker and a stock 8" sub in the back. The sub rattles and the 3" speaker i'm not sure makes much of a difference

That being said, I'm looking to get 4 6.5" speakers, 2 component for the front and coax for the back, looking for something nice under $400-500 preferably for all 4.

Since I am a bit new to this, I was wondering if anyone might have some input on what to get, right now i'm currently thinking about going with Memphis

The amp i'm looking to go with is my old Kenwood KAC-8402

I also just found my old Infinity Kappa's in the basement

Any help would be awesome!
    • By AztecPenguinMex
      I have a 2005 Acura TL and I'm looking to buy some subs. I don't have to much knowledge which is why I'm here asking you for help. what brand and size would you recommend? i like to bump, but i dont want to blow it out of proportion. what do you suggest that i get?
    • By eldefontes
      Title states it all. Looking for one that fits in the sides.

Looking to purchase one that is used or at a good price. I'm located in Maryland, local is the best route but I'm down to pay for shipping depending on price. Will have this listing up for probably a month, until I decide to make my own.

PM or reply to thread or e-mail me at eldefontes@gmail.com
    • By ObTechAudio
      Well, I just finished up my budget build in my 1997 Acura Integra. Check out the video to see the setup in action.

I have plenty of other videos under my channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/ALL4ROIDS

Please don't hesitate to ask me questions and let me know what you guys think of it!!!

1997 Acura Integra:

2 Sundown Audio e15
      Hifonics BRZ1200.1D
      "T" Box 3.4 cubes per chamber @ 32hz
      NVX 4 gauge power/ground
      170 amp AlterStart alternator
      XS Power 0 gauge Big 3 Kit
      Stinger Volt Meter
      XScorpion ANL fuses (300 & 200) fuses and holders
      Sony Head Unit

• By ObTechAudio
      Alright, there has been a lot of discussion and I want your opinion!

For an Integra, which is the best box for an all out SPL build? (and gets low)

Wall behind the driver/passenger seats
      Sub up, port back
      Sub up, port front
      Sub back, port back
      Sub front, port front