Need help with car audio PLEASE

My setup is Powerbass 3xl 12 dual 1 ohm (850rms)

Powerbass asa3 600.1 Class A/b (600 watts @ 2ohm)

HU Alpine UTE52bt. preamp 2v

Wiring (4ga )

I need help figuring out how to correctly set the gain.

My amp is getting really hot when I play music for 10 mins +

I normally play my music loud and when im driving, I drive a soft top jeep wrangler so I need to turn it up louder than usual because of the wind, engine, mud tires....

I can smell a faint smell of rubber or something coming from my port. It doesnt smell very bad , but I just want assurance that everything is ok..

Also when I crank it up when im driving, my lights dim when the bass hits.

I need help with how to properly set this up
Download a 50Hz tone, just google that phrase you will find one. Play the tone with your sub UNHOOKED! Attach a DMM to your speaker terminals set for AC voltage. Turn your headunit to 85% volume and slowly turn the gain up until the DMM reads 34.64 volts, or as close as you can get it without going over.

Done, at max volume your putting out 600wrms @ 2ohms

Lights dimming is not a gain issue - it's a battery / alternator / wiring issue. Have you done the "big 3" wiring upgrade to the Jeep? And where is the amp located?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.