Z v.4 15" looking to go louder

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
At .5 ohm on a BC2K, box is 4^ at 32Hz. I know the box is a little small. Stock alt currently. Looking for any suggestions or ideas for more output or what should be upgraded next. Here's a video (trying to waste as little of your time as possible so it starts at 1:30

TIA!

I am considering swapping for a Nightshade v.3 but that would entail a new box (for proper displacement), and a new amp, and a new alternator... So, probably $1K out of pocket after selling the Z. Not sure how I feel about that lol

i'd get more power on that Zv4 first before anything.
Considering I've got to run at .5 or 2ohm. What would you suggest? At this point it's either alternator or a used 5k at 2ohm lol both would be around the same price.. and a 5k at higher resistance would be more efficient.. hmm

a banda 5 or 7k 2 ohm version and some more battery power. They dont really tax your electrical system even remotely close to korean amps from my personal experience. Should cost you under 1k total if you get some used for around 400-650.

a banda 5 or 7k 2 ohm version and some more battery power. They dont really tax your electrical system even remotely close to korean amps from my personal experience. Should cost you under 1k total if you get some used for around 400-650.
How do you like your banda? I've always used sundown amps before this crescendo, I'm happy with it but it's efficiency at 40hz and up is horrendous... for battery power I could do another matching group 24 on the other side of the trunk.. symmetry is always juicy

I got it for the same price range as my DC 3.5k and i like it a lot more than the dc. Way louder all around with lots of headroom left, zero voltage drops now too. Just dont wire them lower then their rated impedance and you should be fine.

I vote more power as well. Sell you my Taramps HD1000 and run it at 2 ohms. Then pick up another ZV4 and run it at 1ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I got it for the same price range as my DC 3.5k and i like it a lot more than the dc. Way louder all around with lots of headroom left, zero voltage drops now too. Just dont wire them lower then their rated impedance and you should be fine.
The Banda 7k is freaking me out, looking at gut shots, and power inputs.. That things gotta be so **** efficient to hit that power output O_O

I vote more power as well. Sell you my Taramps HD1000 and run it at 2 ohms. Then pick up another ZV4 and run it at 1ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Taramps 10K? Also.. Found this video looking for more info.. Had to pass it on. So much.. What.

From my testing... Banda is no more efficient than a quality Korean.

If you're looking for more output... You need more power, more displacement or more efficiency. Since it doesn't seem like you have the room for another sub or a bandpass... looks like you're going to have to add more power.

Or you could try rebuilding to a "trunk wall"

The Banda 7k is freaking me out, looking at gut shots, and power inputs.. That things gotta be so **** efficient to hit that power output O_O
Its a different type of amp using high rail voltage instead of typical korean design meant to wire extremely low and run on 16/18volt systems(which no normal bassheads do anyways). I was sketched out at brazilians before too and was hesitant to try it but after having some leftover money and a spare dc 3.5k to fall back to just incase i didnt like it or if it blew, I took a gamble and tried it out. It was surprisingly beefier and more sturdily built than i expectd(i was expecting some flimsy piece of metal). It was pretty solid and heavy in feel. Just not big at all like we are used to with korean amps.

Output and SQ wise(bass sounded cleaner with more power i'm guessing), it was in every way was superior to the DC 3.5k performance wise, stayed cool as a feather too with the push pull fan configuration. I had to sell an amp and between the dc 3.5k and the banda, I sold the dc.

The gain knob is extremely sensitive though. When i set the amp for 4.5k rms, The gain was at 10% and the sub level was down to -3db and I already reached proper ac voltage.

Taramps 10K? Also.. Found this video looking for more info.. Had to pass it on. So much.. What.

Its a different type of amp using high rail voltage instead of typical korean design meant to wire extremely low and run on 16/18volt systems(which no normal bassheads do anyways). I was sketched out at brazilians before too and was hesitant to try it but after having some leftover money and a spare dc 3.5k to fall back to just incase i didnt like it or if it blew, I took a gamble and tried it out. It was surprisingly beefier and more sturdily built than i expectd(i was expecting some flimsy piece of metal). It was pretty solid and heavy in feel. Just not big at all like we are used to with korean amps.
Output and SQ wise(bass sounded cleaner with more power i'm guessing), it was in every way was superior to the DC 3.5k performance wise, stayed cool as a feather too with the push pull fan configuration. I had to sell an amp and between the dc 3.5k and the banda, I sold the dc.

The gain knob is extremely sensitive though. When i set the amp for 4.5k rms, The gain was at 10% and the sub level was down to -3db and I already reached proper ac voltage.

idk why you would even come to any conclusion on a junk video showing nothing.

Here's popwarhomie's taramps

Not implying at all that the video I posted was actual output, or anything representing taramps. I just linked it because that guys a jackass and it came up first... thank you for the information though, looks like the search begins...

@29hz&Under

More power means more alt/batts, wiring, etc. Hope you got $$ to shell out to support the new amp if you go that route.

More power Forsure. 2k will tickle that zv4 and make it giggle but 5k will make it belly laugh and shart is pants. Oh yea and Korean all the way... U seen what tfade said up above. The Banda isn't more efficient then Korean and tfade knows his shlt. Been doing this and setting world records. I'd take what he says and run with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.