Bumping up SPL with 2 SA 12s

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
well i cant afford an amp at this moment, i know that would probably be everybodies go to answer here. But in the mean time, any tips going off of this?....

SO we all know i clipped the **** out of my alpines till they died, and at the time that was set up as follows:

1.ports of box were 7inches away from hatch

2. Gain was set somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 to Max

3. Sub xover was set for 80Hz with a -18 slope

..... Happy SPL and loudness, subs couldnt handle

Now i have these new SA-12s in, and love them. They just are not quite there to how the alpines type R were. I have this set as follows

1. Posts at 7 inches

2. Gians are just below 50%

3. Xover is set the same

....Sounds so much better than the alpines, but they dont make me feel like i want to throw up anymore. These subs have yet to get hot at all, amp is id say average temp for it, and there is no weird smell coming from these, or that scary "slapping noise" when youre pushing them too much as i had experienced before. now me and stang were talking and he says that my port area could be an issue, my box is at about 12.5 and these can go up to 14-14.5

Any advice here ? im afraid to turn my gain up anymore, but thats just because everyone here seems to keep theres low, maybe if i increased my LPF from 80 - 100?

Are you setting the gain correct.
i did a 50hz at 0db tone, and set it that way, then learned that for my music i should have done a -5db tone, so i just slightly boosted it up since i no longer have access to the DMM

Gotcha. maybe give the subs a few weeks break in and see how they sound, DD told me 4-6 weeks for my subs to properly break in

Gotcha. maybe give the subs a few weeks break in and see how they sound, DD told me 4-6 weeks for my subs to properly break in
im thinking that could be it too, im probably just too **** impatient hahaha! when i think about it my Alpines took off after about 3 weeks. Ill definently upgrade the amp soon enough, but i cant be blowing my money like a have. So you dont think it might be a port issue too? i personally doubt it just because i have a friend whos always tossing subs in and out of the same box and they seem to work fine everytime, and i doubt ALpines, kickers, and rockfords have the same box specs

im thinking that could be it too, im probably just too **** impatient hahaha! when i think about it my Alpines took off after about 3 weeks. Ill definently upgrade the amp soon enough, but i cant be blowing my money like a have. So you dont think it might be a port issue too? i personally doubt it just because i have a friend whos always tossing subs in and out of the same box and they seem to work fine everytime, and i doubt ALpines, kickers, and rockfords have the same box specs

Give Chris a shout and let him go over everything and see what he thinks. He will definitely help you in the right direction

Give Chris a shout and let him go over everything and see what he thinks. He will definitely help you in the right direction
WHos chris? ahha is that stang? if so now i feel bad becuase his contact in my phone is "The stang" so first names kinda just go away to me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.