Sundown x 12

C.camp450

Hi I just installed my sundown x 12 today, it's really nasty on the lows but mid/high is honestly horrible. I just went from a 12" kicker l7 to the sundown. It is the complete opposite of what the kicker sounded like. I know they say the x12 is great for low but I was expecting to be a little better on the mid/high than what it's doing. Do you think my amp is not set correctly or is the x 12 really that bad for mid/high? I don't know much when it comes to amps and setting them I just went with what people were saying online. Any info is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

From all the rave reviews it sounds like your amp x-overs may be screwy or something else. Hopefully someone with a bit more brain powa can chip in and answer more thoroughly for you.

What are your x overs set at?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Kickers dont get low AT ALL, were you in a prefab with the kicker? Of so that would explain it. Wjats your current box size and tuning for x12?

Hi I just installed my sundown x 12 today, it's really nasty on the lows but mid/high is honestly horrible. I just went from a 12" kicker l7 to the sundown. It is the complete opposite of what the kicker sounded like. I know they say the x12 is great for low but I was expecting to be a little better on the mid/high than what it's doing. Do you think my amp is not set correctly or is the x 12 really that bad for mid/high? I don't know much when it comes to amps and setting them I just went with what people were saying online. Any info is greatly appreciated,
Thanks
What box, what amp, what amp settings, what head unit

Yeah cheap pre fab with the kicker. Box dimensions for the sundown are 15.5"H x 24"W x 21"D. 3.41^3ft gross vol. Slot port, 14"H x 2.25"W @32Hz. After all displacement, 2.61^3ft net vol. I don't know exactly what the amp is tuned to offhand ide have to go look at the amp.

What box, what amp, what amp settings, what head unit
Box is 15.5"H x 24"W x 21"D. 3.41^3ft gross vol. Slot port, 14"H x 2.25"W @32Hz. After all displacement, 2.61^3ft net vol.

It's a Rockville m2 1500w rms and I'm running a factory head unit in a 06 Acura TL. Not 100% on the tuning for the amp. Was just curious if anyone that had experience with the x 12 had the same problem with the mid/high. Sorry man I'm new to all this I hadn't had a sub in my car for years. I'm planning on messing with the settings tom and see if I can get better results.

Box is 15.5"H x 24"W x 21"D. 3.41^3ft gross vol. Slot port, 14"H x 2.25"W @32Hz. After all displacement, 2.61^3ft net vol.It's a Rockville m2 1500w rms and I'm running a factory head unit in a 06 Acura TL. Not 100% on the tuning for the amp. Was just curious if anyone that had experience with the x 12 had the same problem with the mid/high. Sorry man I'm new to all this I hadn't had a sub in my car for years. I'm planning on messing with the settings tom and see if I can get better results.
Sounds me to like ure asking for mid bass from your sub, you need to upgrade your door speakers.

Sounds me to like ure asking for mid bass from your sub, you need to upgrade your door speakers.
Maybe I'm not wording it correctly ,best way I can describe it is the songs the kicker got loud with the sundown sounds weak but on songs the kicker didn't sound good (low bass) the sundown sounds amazing and literally feels like its vibrating my car apart. I'm just going to mess with the amp tomorrow see what happens. Thanks for your help man.

Maybe I'm not wording it correctly ,best way I can describe it is the songs the kicker got loud with the sundown sounds weak but on songs the kicker didn't sound good (low bass) the sundown sounds amazing and literally feels like its vibrating my car apart. I'm just going to mess with the amp tomorrow see what happens. Thanks for your help man.
You answered your own question, the kicker in the prefab was playing 45hz and up. Your finally hearing the 30hz range. Cant have it all unless you get an epicenter to boost the songs that play about your enclosures bandwidth

You answered your own question, the kicker in the prefab was playing 45hz and up. Your finally hearing the 30hz range. Cant have it all unless you get an epicenter to boost the songs that play about your enclosures bandwidth
That ***** I was hoping for a happy medium. My fault for not doing more research. Thank you for your info. I'll just leave my settings as they are I guess.

That ***** I was hoping for a happy medium. My fault for not doing more research. Thank you for your info. I'll just leave my settings as they are I guess.
Get another box tuned to 37Hz, ull like it better

I just switched from a 37 to 32 box, i know what you mean but i have strong midbass so its not a big gap.

Get another box tuned to 37Hz, ull like it better
I just switched from a 37 to 32 box, i know what you mean but i have strong midbass so its not a big gap.
I'm gonna have to wait a month or so to do that. I just got the box today and if I tell my girl I want another one she'll literally kil l me lol so I'll have to make due with what I got. I like the low hz but I miss the higher hz. Would switching from 32 to 37 make a big difference?

if you want better bass above 40hz, sad to say, but you will have to get another sub. Box tuning, yadda, yadda will not change the fact that Sundown's new platform subs aren't authoritative above 40hz. They are very linear subs and play flat over stroke and don't have that spike in output. You could recone the Sundown X with SPL parts and it'd play like your Kicker sub while still being able to crush the lows. But in stock form, it just won't happen

I'm gonna have to wait a month or so to do that. I just got the box today and if I tell my girl I want another one she'll literally kil l me lol so I'll have to make due with what I got. I like the low hz but I miss the higher hz. Would switching from 32 to 37 make a big difference?
It makes a bigger difference then i thought it would, or you could go 38.5Hz. Thats halfway between the prefab and your currently. Again cant have it all, i thought the 37hz box hit the lows 40s to hard honestly vs what the low 30s sounded like. It was the loudest range and i didnt like it, but it sounds like thats what your looking for. Im looking for a flat linear response with better higher Hz response then my 32Hz currently, new box is 34Hz ill let you know how it goes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.