exide batteries battery bank

so i im going with 1 of these up front and 3 in the back.. gonna upgrade alt later on and just keep em charged. i bought these from my work because i get a discount. im going to be powering 1 sq2200 and 2 hds3 15s do you think this would be sufficient enough power?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

these:

Extreme 24F Auto Battery-24FX - The Home Depot

so i im going with 1 of these up front and 3 in the back.. gonna upgrade alt later on and just keep em charged. i bought these from my work because i get a discount. im going to be powering 1 sq2200 and 2 hds3 15s do you think this would be sufficient enough power? 

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

these:

Extreme 24F Auto Battery-24FX - The Home Depot
Buy two or three of these...exide edge 24f ...instead of 4 of those. Much more suitable for what you are doing. I work for an Exide dealer.

but those are out of my price range. at jiffy lube we dont carry agm we only have lead acid batteries. we could order them and id still get a percentage off but its still to exppensive for me.. i was just asking if the ones i have will work good enough?will the batteries last or will they die really quick? dont need top notch and the subs dont have to run at absolute full power, i just want them moving. ive never had more than 1 idmax 12 so im sure id be happy with anything the 15s produce lol i just wanna know if those batteries will hold up

but those are out of my price range. at jiffy lube we dont carry agm we only have lead acid batteries. we could order them and id still get a percentage off but its still to exppensive for me.. i was just asking if the ones i have will work good enough?will the batteries last or will they die really quick? dont need top notch and the subs dont have to run at absolute full power, i just want them moving. ive never had more than 1 idmax 12 so im sure id be happy with anything the 15s produce lol i just wanna know if those batteries will hold up
NO. You really want AGM and/or "deep cycle" batteries for running accessories. You're asking for a lot of trouble trying to use the ones you linked. If you can buy one 105 or 110 amp hour size AGM it would serve fine for a 2KW amp.

They'll "hold up" for a little while... but due to their nature they'll get messy and never hold a candle in regards to the output of a better agm. but I do not recommend going that route regardless of price. Use one of those cheapies up front, and buy a single agm for the rear... That would be fine for a 2200 for daily listening with the vehicle running.

but i was told that running diffrent batteries pulls off the other weaker one damages it let alone mixing agm and lead acid. i can do that tho if it does work because it would roughly be the same as 4 cheap ones i already bought 2 of the cheaper ones tho.. lol

but i was told that running diffrent batteries pulls off the other weaker one damages it let alone mixing agm and lead acid. i can do that tho if it does work because it would roughly be the same as 4 cheap ones i already bought 2 of the cheaper ones tho.. lol
If the vehicle is used regularly, it won't hurt at all to have a standard batt up front and an agm in rear. You'd do well to replace the front with an agm when you get the chance to though.

You also don't want lead acid in your car, they give off gas as they are used that can ignite and blow up. If they tip they can also leak.

thanks for your help and input! i guess ill just return the two i got and buy the 24f edge agm as you mentioned instead. I would rather not mix, those are still pretty cheap compared to any XS batts anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.