any one know anything about the company Resilient Sounds?

hmm, ok, i see your point. What about the company that made the Threatcon subs? They were based in Akron, Ohio and the Resilient company is based in cleveland, Oh.... bout an hour from each other. Think the two could be affiliated?
C2 audio, lulz

This more begs the question what does it take to call up China and get a shipping container full of the same cookie cutter speakers that everybody else is selling and create a new "brand"?

Not like the pricing on these is amazing as opposed to other options from established companies. Good luck to the guy trying, but it seems like 8 out of 10 of these new "brands" go belly up and leave people hanging.

This more begs the question what does it take to call up China and get a shipping container full of the same cookie cutter speakers that everybody else is selling and create a new "brand"?
Not like the pricing on these is amazing as opposed to other options from established companies. Good luck to the guy trying, but it seems like 8 out of 10 of these new "brands" go belly up and leave people hanging.
Ive thought about trying to get a order of amps. No name just a decent amp and sell them dirt cheap but idk id probably get stuck with a bunch of junk or worse get stuck with a bunch of amps since id just sell them no warranty youd just get a korean amp cheap

Ive thought about trying to get a order of amps. No name just a decent amp and sell them dirt cheap but idk id probably get stuck with a bunch of junk or worse get stuck with a bunch of amps since id just sell them no warranty youd just get a korean amp cheap
It's very risky. How many amps have we seen that all blow up or catch fire right out of the box? What do you do? There's zero recourse if you're not a big company who's buying power alone gives you clout to pressure the build house to make it right. You have zero recourse if you get 100 junk amps from China. Remember Diablo? RD? CT Sounds?

Next what happens when you get a bunch of retards who are buying your 5K amp for a cheap price because they're on a budget, and can't afford to actually run any electrical upgrades... or run stuff at 1/4 ohm, or whatever. People will abuse the hell out of stuff then badmouth the company for not replacing it for free.

Seems like the only companies that last are the ones who charge a high enough price to afford to eat a lot of losses.

I think alot of folks jump in to this industry not knowing what they are getting into -- and not really knowing the "WHY" part of their business. Meaning... what advantage will they offer to the customer ? What will they bring to the table that someone else doesn't ?

If it's JUST a lower price... good luck! Deep pocket companies with lower overhead will destroy you. There is almost always someone willing to "do it cheaper" -- even if they run themselves out of business... they still took your glory by being cheaper -- and then another guy will come along, again, and again, and again.

If you don't have your own design philosophy & just want to offer "cookie cutter" stuff even at a reasonable "middle ground" price -- even if the stuff is GOOD... good luck! Again... plenty of people jumping in have DEEPER pockets than you with the same strategy & can bury you by offering 10x the variety of "cookie cutter" stuff.

And... YES warranty costs are higher than you think as someone jumping into this as a new venture.

So you better have something unique to bring to the table if you want to make it... and you better realize QUICK that overhead is a real thing; marking stuff up 10% won't cover rent, payroll, utilities, investor interest, etc. Marking stuff up 25% still won't do all that and allow you to grow the business; get real, do research, and realize what it takes to run a company -- people need to be real about it as a BUSINESS. It's easy to skip that part due to passion as an enthusiast. When YOUR business fails it then leaves customers hanging -- it's not just the company & owner that lose out... bad news for everyone.

I know when I started it was pretty rough & I came out of the gate with open-tool amps -- but I quickly moved to make unique products as soon as possible to create a REASON for people to buy from me & pay good money for our brand (enough to grow a business). I know NOW that my early mark-up for the first several years I was in business wasn't enough to even make it worth my time -- but I was young & I'm STILL an enthusiast so it was easy to overlook. I've had to work hard to *earn* the ability to sell unique products @ a level that can sustain and even grow a business.

Anyway... best of luck to anyone that wants to join this industry & build a new, HONEST business. Just offering my 2 cents after almost 10-years in this business.

It's very risky. How many amps have we seen that all blow up or catch fire right out of the box? What do you do? There's zero recourse if you're not a big company who's buying power alone gives you clout to pressure the build house to make it right. You have zero recourse if you get 100 junk amps from China. Remember Diablo? RD? CT Sounds?
Next what happens when you get a bunch of retards who are buying your 5K amp for a cheap price because they're on a budget, and can't afford to actually run any electrical upgrades... or run stuff at 1/4 ohm, or whatever. People will abuse the hell out of stuff then badmouth the company for not replacing it for free.

Seems like the only companies that last are the ones who charge a high enough price to afford to eat a lot of losses.
I had not planned on being a company or anything like that. More along the lines of a group buy type thing. The a.ps woukdnt have a badge or name and it woukd only be sold up here. But yes having the build house ship me junk is the only worry id have

I've seen a lot of companies fold up in the past.

Better do some research and make sure they're gonna stick around for awhile than a year or less.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.