upgrading front speakers need help

wierdale24

Currently i have 6.5 alpine type s powered by the headunit. But my birthday is coming up so gf said i have $200 to spend on a set of speakers. Looking for components and i have a few in mind. Morel tempo 6, ininity kapa perect 6.1 . But id like some sugestions i am gonna be getting either a jl 300/4 amp to power them or a audison srx4 still not sure. 200 is the range dont mind used either . Any suggestions?

Currently i have 6.5 alpine type s powered by the headunit. But my birthday is coming up so gf said i have $200 to spend on a set of speakers. Looking for components and i have a few in mind. Morel tempo 6, ininity kapa perect 6.1 . But id like some sugestions i am gonna be getting either a jl 300/4 amp to power them or a audison srx4 still not sure. 200 is the range dont mind used either . Any suggestions?
Are your doors dampened/sealed up properly?

Personally I'd look into building my own component set and going with an active capable amp, you'll get amazing sound quality at an affordable price.

As far as a set goes, I can only speak on Rainbow, PHD, JL, CDT, and Polk... I've owned a few from each of these companies, all of which I was happy with except for the db6501's. I enjoyed them in the order I posted as well.

I would amp what you have and spend that $200 on install treatments. Deadener and foam.
I agree... most often people neglect to properly treat the doors and skins, it makes a world of difference to the ear.

An amp will also bring out the best in the speakers as well. With proper treatment you can make mediocre speakers sound excellent.

A good sounding front stage is mostly going to be determined by the install and treatment of speaker locations. A well-installed $100 6.5" comp set in well treated and properly chosen locations is going to sound a lot better than a $1000 set just tossed in and screwed down.

I dont have the doors sound deaded just the trunk so far. I have the materials to do it i was just waiting on getting a new set before installing it. As far as a goes i am planning on getting an amp within the week just not sure if the audison srx4 is worth picking up or sticking with jl and going with the 300/4. The reason i want to upgrade the fronts is because one of the tweeters soud blown and i would like a decent compent set in the front. Instead of coaxials. Am looking for sq but for the budget probably wont get very far

I dont have the doors sound deaded just the trunk so far. I have the materials to do it i was just waiting on getting a new set before installing it. As far as a goes i am planning on getting an amp within the week just not sure if the audison srx4 is worth picking up or sticking with jl and going with the 300/4. The reason i want to upgrade the fronts is because one of the tweeters soud blown and i would like a decent compent set in the front. Instead of coaxials. Am looking for sq but for the budget probably wont get very far
Look into getting an active crossover network amp, piece together a set and use the material you have the treat the doors.

You have many options, that's just what I'd do with the budget... check out diyma for a bunch of suggestions if your going sq route.

i just installed a crossover i had laying around. was gonna sound deaden the doors but it was getting late, so ill save that for tomorrow. would i be better off getting a set of kenwood excelon speakers from my buddy for $100, or spending more on the brands i was looking at. it seems that it doesnt matter how much i spend on speaker if there under $200 then they'll sound the same. i should worry about the amp more?

i just installed a crossover i had laying around. was gonna sound deaden the doors but it was getting late, so ill save that for tomorrow. would i be better off getting a set of kenwood excelon speakers from my buddy for $100, or spending more on the brands i was looking at. it seems that it doesnt matter how much i spend on speaker if there under $200 then they'll sound the same. i should worry about the amp more?
The Excelons are really nice sounding components but I think you can get them for around that new on EBAY

will be getting a 4 channel amp soon. was looking around and found some crescendos pwx6.5" i was gonna pair these with Crescendo Audio FT1 tweeters any thoughts on this ?

will be getting a 4 channel amp soon. was looking around and found some crescendos pwx6.5" i was gonna pair these with Crescendo Audio FT1 tweeters any thoughts on this ?
I have a new set of them for sale if interested

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.